Acsi card

Lee

We are going to Spain in January/ February is a Acsi card useful or not?

Definitely worth the money as you can get your money back in just a few nights. If you are doing a long stay, you might get a better deal from the site

We would never travel without the ACSI Card, also there is an increasing number of sites in the UK that are joining the sceme which can be very usefull.

Depends on where you wish to stay, but I purchased "All the Aires Spain and Portugal" and got my money back very quickly. I had been apprehensive on the purchase as I had seen an earlier issue and was not impressed but it has improved considerably.

Depends on where you wish to stay, but I purchased "All the Aires Spain and Portugal" and got my money back very quickly. I had been apprehensive on the purchase as I had seen an earlier issue and was not impressed but it has improved considerably.

Thanks I got All the Aires for Christmas and will be downloading Camperstops as well, but was uncertain whether the Acsi card is any use in the winter.

Thanks I got All the Aires for Christmas and will be downloading Camperstops as well, but was uncertain whether the Acsi card is any use in the winter.

If you look at the dates sites are valid, it is very useful in winter. The further south you go you will find many sites are open 365 so use the ACSI to entice you in. Enjoy

It's definitely worth it if you want to stop for shorter breaks,on some sites it can be half the normal price but a lot of motorhomers stop long term in southern europe during winter in which case long term rates can be just as cheap,as has been said.

Not all sites are 365 days, we were caught out last year and couldn't use our acsi card much.

Edit: not disagreeing with shortcircuit, just we were surprised how many sites were closed in Jan.

Last edited:
Yeah, we were looking more towards the French border end, on the coast. And there was virtually nothing travelling down through France (to be fair, that isn't what the op asked)

If you have an idea of where you want to stay you can look up the campsites on the acsi website and check dates, charges to help you decide.

Waste of money, so many alternatives.

Lets see how good you are at arithmetic.

For one night on Camping Javea it will be €25.81 for MH , two adults and hook up. The ACSI price is €17 so you are saving €8.81. How many nights will it take to recover the cost of the card?

What are the alternatives to a excellent site with spotless toilets for that price? There are many others exactly the same.

You can wild camp, use Camper Stops or similar but do you have the same standard of fascilities?

I would suggest that your "Waste of money" comment totally unjustified.

I await your description of "so many alternatives"

(I am aware that long stays can provide excellent deals, but not for one night stop offs)

has anyone used a UK site using their acsi card?
Yes, without luck. A couple of years ago we went to Ladrum Bay for a weekend out of season. At reception, when I produced the card, I immediately got 'NO DISCOUNTS' from the assistant and paid their camping rates and vowed never to return after telling them that I had used the card all over Europe. That winter they sent us a calendar so I phoned them and told them to stick it and remove me from their mailing list. They were most apologetic and asked if we would like to come down again for a weekend free of charge, I told them that you only get one chance to make a first impression, good luck with your customer service training and hung up. I hope others have fared better.
Bd..

tried using card at a Salisbury and Lingfield campsite and was told no discount! Asked the question why they advertise it and was told it brings in punters!

Hi LeeLinda,

Yes It will save you loads,some sites have it all year round and others don't ,We have been on Cap Blanc Altea from the 9th December and used ACSI Card and paid 16 Euro up to 31st Dec but as we are going to stay for a New Year dinner party and i will not be good for driving on the 1st Jan I have booked three extra day to clear the weekend so I drive on the Monday so I have to pay full price as Acsi has run out on the 31st 2015 card.So we know pay £75 .00 for three nights
If you stay long term here you can have 42-90 days @14euros /or 90-180@ 12Euros a night but electric is metered.They have put their prices up this year to 19 euros acsi because the want more long term guests so we may not return here again.

Regards John & Pat.:wave:

As others have said, it is an essential item of equipment if you travel a lot in Europe off-season. If you want to stay long-term (a month or more) on a site you can get better deals but if you are staying only one or two nights everywhere, the card will pay for itself very quickly. When leaving England in the autumn, we usually take a couple of months travelling to our over-winter destination, wilding most of the time and spending a day or two each week on a site. We always select a site from the ACSI book and wouldn't be without it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back