A noise in the night.

It's a wonder the wild boar didn't attack you when you got out , they can be very aggressive and some are twice the size of a large farm pig. As you may know the French go out on shooting parties to kill the wild boar because of the damage they do, sometimes the boar charge at the shooters rather than run away.
Don't believe him, it was probably a Jack Russell from a neighbouring Farm. :rolleyes:

I've told him a million times to stop exaggerating. :giggle:

we used to have 'iron age ' pigs ,half wild /half tamworth . pigs are usually easy enough to control with a 2 foot square ply board and stick , but when the large boar got a bit frisky and tore the board out of my hands with his tusks i discovered the ability to levitate and found myself on the other side of the fence .

Mice? Bah! I’ve got a long run of fencing down at the moment and the deer are in the garden every night, destroying trees , churning up the lawn and ‘depositing’ everywhere. The guy’s coming to put up a new fence next week, in the meantime I can’t bring myself to shoot the varmit and they don’t make traps big enough. The cat's too busy murdering critters nearer her own size.
Btw, any hobbyists need any deer antler, give me a shout.

We have a cat living with us in the van, no mouse problem which is good, she can get into the engine as well and does.
BUT as Nigel said she does like to bring them back to play with along with baby bunnies and birds. We have had some fun getting half dead prey out of the van !
She also earns Dreamies off our new boss who loves the fact she kills the wildlife.

With 2 terriers that run past the van to get into the garden we soon got alerted to a mouse problem, as they were very interested in one corner of the van. Luckily for us there is a local garage that sells everything and we were able to buy 2 mousetraps on boxing day. Caught the perpetrator within hours. We've kept them in the van ever since (traps not dogs). I don't know if we've had no more mice or whether they just don't fancy year old chocolate.
When we return from Hollingworth Lake we'll recharge the traps with peanut butter.

I found a tarantula under my bonnet last week.
1621674735466.png

Mice in the van..?
Usually Spring an Autumn..
April and November, in The Algarve.

They DO love the wiring insulation, even if there's plenty of other food around.
We had a visitation on ,8th of April, one year..
Repairs cost us 2000 +€, dented our No claims bonus, too, for the breakdown and car rental.

The locals take a tip from the travelling Gipsies.
While the women were setting up the camp,
The men would make a continuous circle of P155 about 10 metres round the carts.
Mice don't like male urine.
The neighbours do the same with their cars.
Given enough beer, I could completely encircle our 6 metre van and did so often, paying extra attention to the tyres.

Amazon do a range of electrical rodent deterrents.
We bought the most expensive.

No more trouble for the next 12 years.

12 years worth of catfood would have cost more.. And the gadgets don't need. Litter tray.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back