A new colour for me

SimonM

Crappy old Fiat paint keeps on falling off and so I went for a respray. I was hoping to do it with my brother in law but the premises weren’t quite big enough, and so it went to a coach painter. My colour choice and design. I’ve just picked it up today. Bonnet off, bumpers off, wings off, all the shuts done as well as the mirror covers.

Before and after pics
95785FCC-0531-4BED-9D55-02E06A677493.jpeg
370EC6DD-D647-4451-8A64-80709A347C99.jpeg

I won’t. My argument if it ever came to that, I’m sure it won’t, is the colour is Fiat Golden White 506, so why change from white to white 😉

I won’t. My argument if it ever came to that, I’m sure it won’t, is the colour is Fiat Golden White 506, so why change from white to white 😉
Could be wrong but you have done a modification, not that a insurance company would look to not pay out if anything happens, must say your van looks great and a great choice of colour

youve added a big bit value to the vehicle imho ,cracking job by the looks of it and luv the colour well done great choice

Nice colour, nice job. Our 2009 Adria Twin on Fiat Ducato has the same paint problem but being a PVC a total respray would be expensive.

Last edited:
Lovely job. I agree with you about the DVLA. It is just another shade of white. ;)

So tell me folks, what do they do to you if you don't inform them? :oops: :rolleyes:

most of it white in the total of the area, so white it is. Even black painted cabs are white if the hab area is white.

As others have said, your van looks great. My addition to this thread is Fiat! The paint started dropping off our Adria Ducato at 4 years old. Fiat sent me to a Fiat professional paint shop to have it looked at. Yes, it was Fiat's fault. Got home, phoned Milan to be told, you are out of warranty. "You have been unlucky" stated the scouse lady in Milan.
So you have to be lucky to have bought a Fiat where the paint has been applied correctly! Last year, at 9 years old, every panel on the van was affected and rust was coming through the right rear wheel arch, so I got my local paint sprayer to touch it up (almost a complete respray) and traded it in. No Fiat bodywork now! Unfortunately, I have a Fiat engine, which is very difficult to avoid. My shortlist was 3 vans all with Fiat engines. At least no Fiat bodywork! Fiat engines seem OK (unless someone can tell me otherwise) but I didn't want to give Fiat any more money. I hope they go bust! Yes I am bitter!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back