A motorhome question

No matter which model I , and I would assume many others , would like our van to be smaller outside and bigger inside

Burstner Delphin performance 8.2 metre Tag Axle with the Nissan ZD series 3 litre engine.

I will only change it if I cannot pass the medical for C1. A 6 speed box and a pleasure to drive after the 5 speed Fiat box in the last van.

We've had our 2007 Autocruise Wentworth for just over 2 years now and not found anything we'd change.. Well apart from the standard radio.. We love it ❤️

I would definately change my van to another rear lounge one, I'm sick of the draught that comes through and makes my right arm constantly cold even today in august.
Thank goodness we have taken it down to Spain the last winter but it doesn't look like we're going to do it this year.I love in it and I have to wear half of my cardigan, on my right arm only when lounging on the sofa. 2009 auto trail cheyenne, front lounge.
I've tried everything as mentioned on my previous posts, if I had the money to change it I'd do it like a shot.

We've had our Globecar Campscout 636SB for over 6 years now, half the time we had the previous VDub but like it (at least) twice as much.
I would like to make it smaller on the outside but bigger on the inside, and had plans on a slideout, or two, for next van, but the same basic layout. Gf on otherhand has other plans, she wants an RV and to go on extended trips, if not full timing.

Please tell me what you would change about your van if you could?
Also what van do you have (make / model / year)

I have a 2010 Autosleepers Duetto. I would change it into a Hymer 798 Sl :)

I have a 1994 Timberland built Peugeot Boxer, I would say it's almost perfect as the original buyer asked for a different lay out which uses 2 bench seats which fold down into a double bed. The only downside being is that the front seats have to slide forward first meaning you can't drive with the bed down.

I would swap my Homecar pr62 for a hottie in a string bikini and a barbed wire tat. An a smile an a cowboy hat

I would swap my Homecar pr62 for a hottie in a string bikini and a barbed wire tat. An a smile an a cowboy hat

If that's not a lyric to a song sung by a guy with a big white hat with a pedal steel behind it ought to be.

Pat

We love our Hymer B774 tag axel. Like others we took the table out which gave lots more space. It has refillable gas 2* 11 kg. 2 leisure battries with inverter. solar panel fixed generator in rear locker. It caters for all our needs and has done for the last 6 years.
What would I change / like ..... Better MPG 22 is the best we have ever achieved, I get 300 miles from a tank full.

Would I change .... No luv it

Ours is an Autosleeper Warwick Duo, 2011.

Since purchase, 5 months ago it now has, a swivelling pax seat, a proper cutlery drawer (WTF were AS thinking about with the original?) a proper stowage for our folding seats and a hell of a lot of wine under the stb'd bunk, a 140w solar panel charging both batteries, and an ace HUD GPS Speedo!!

Wouldn't replace it, it currently has a life of circa 3 more years then we'll sell it, it has to do the Pyrenees twice, hence why we sold Froggie, after that we'll manage with the Volvo and Chateau stops!!!

:dance:

Eura=Mobil-- Old like a good wine

We have an aged Eura=Mobil 745, I wouldn't change it willingly for a more modern camping car, it has a fixed bed plus at least as much as our 400year old cottage.
The 2.5 turbo engine pulls it around quite well, returning reasonable fuel consumption. It has the benefit of tag rear axle giving good stability, and it LHD which is good for our annual marathon trips in Europe.
The only minor negative is like the camping car I have passed the first flush of youth and so as the weight is over the magic 3.5 tonnes I now require a medical to renew my license.

I'm looking to buy a 7.5 ton truck at the end of summer,as much as I like my old girl I'm sick to death of having to make up a bed every night for the last three years,so for me a fixed bed and seperate shower/toilet are a must when I do the conversion. Some extra horses for going up hills will also be nice,the Merc is just too slow on hills and puts me off going to mountainous areas.

That's the way, the only things I would change with ours is the paint job (could do with a tidy up) and wouldn't mind some new cushion covers and interior trim after a few years full time use it's beginning to look a bit tired, no doubt I'll get around to it eventually, I would have liked enough space to fit the automatic washing machine but that will have to live in the back of my other van. keep an eye out for ex prison wagons normally good buy's ours came with full service history and had been well looked after as it was PSV. Good trucks to convert and really well built and insulated boxes.

We have a Dethleffs 4 Travel.

I'd only swap it for a van that was longer at night and shorter during the day.

A-class. Mobilvetta K yacht 85- new in January- almost got what we want. A few more tweeks and it will be as near as dammit spot on for us. Ditched the stupidly over large table and got smaller top made. Just want a telescopic table leg so I can use it to put my feet up. Also took out the seat at back of table but left the little table thing that drops down. I love the sliding door that shuts off the front of the van and makes a private bedroom. They are selling these at 3.5 t - just don't believe it!!!! A lot of MH for your money in comparison to burstner, hymer etc., although they have gone up considerably since we bought ours.

I spent literally years researching before buying my van. It's a very rare Bentley Ochre. I've not seen anything that I want to swap it for, love having a rear lounge. It's small enough to get to the remote places that we like but big enough to comfortably spend weeks in. Best addition in the 5 years we've had it is refillable gas. Such a shame Bentleys are no longer made, just have to look after the one I'm lucky to have!

We have a 1994 Hymer 694 tag axle which we use when on the continent. Two big solar panels and 3 x 110 amp leisure batteries keep us off grid for a week or two. Also a 2002 Renault monte carlo for England as its small enough to fit anywhere, but would change the oven for more storage space. :wave:

We have an absolutely mint condition 2009 Chausson Flash 08. I have looked at motorhomes way more expensive than we paid for it and while they are very nice, we are very happy with ours. Main job we are going to do is change the front pokey wee rooflight for much larger one. We've done around 6000 miles in 4 months and it runs far better than when we first got it. Can't believe that people spend big money and do quarter of that per annum. Bob.

I have a 2004 Rapido leRandonneur 763 F only had it 3 months and I love it the only thing I would change is the table it's huge I have just purchased a smaller table so the huge thing is now in my loft now it's the Mary Poppins of MH practically perfect in every way lol.

2001 Hymer b564 Lionheart with factory fitted gas tank. I would like an outside locker that has slightly more height to it as the lockers are very limiting to what can be stored. As we full time a more relaxing / comfortable seating area for evening would be good. Also get rid of useless grill, do any of them actually work

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back