a different van maybe

oldish hippy

thinking about changing van would have to be same as i have now fixed rear bed four foot width then would fit lithuim battery i think have had good use out of mine looking around about 18 .000 taking into account mine is worth something so will have lookaound tose what pvc are about or van same size as mine because of parking at home

You get more room in a MH rather than a Van Conversion. The Van Conversions seem very expensive compared to some of the smaller MH's. You don't get the door banging with a MH. Not much difference in size as they are both on the same chassis.

You get more room in a MH rather than a Van Conversion. The Van Conversions seem very expensive compared to some of the smaller MH's. You don't get the door banging with a MH. Not much difference in size as they are both on the same chassis.

Agree with the door banging, I get some strange looks on occasions. One major benefit of of a pvc is less chance of the dreaded water ingress, I know from experience. Almost forgot the pvc doesn’t shake rattle and roll like most c class vehicles when on the move.

My issue with MH vs PVC is that you hardly get a door at all on a MH. I love the open plan feeling of an (admittedly noisy) slider.

For me (if I had a lottery win!) it would be a pvc to my own spec or a one of the new Globecars, they are like a tardis inside and seem to have fitted everything in without it feeling cramped.

My issue with MH vs PVC is that you hardly get a door at all on a MH. I love the open plan feeling of an (admittedly noisy) slider.

Yes, lovely in summer with all doors open. Sleep with doors open in summer sometimes.
Luckily the sliding doors aren't that noisy.

I think the big sliding door is one of the best features of a PVC. When it's open you feel like you're outdoors. Who needs an awning when you've got one of those?

I feel claustrophobic inside a coach built MH with its narrow door.

As for the noise when you close the sliding door, it's only an issue if there are others around to listen to it. I can't stand campsites so most of my overnight stays are well away from anyone who could be bothered by the noise of a closing sliding door.

Why not just buy that product?
With I little tinkering am sure it could work on any slider?

I think the big sliding door is one of the best features of a PVC. When it's open you feel like you're outdoors. Who needs an awning when you've got one of those?

I feel claustrophobic inside a coach built MH with its narrow door.

As for the noise when you close the sliding door, it's only an issue if there are others around to listen to it. I can't stand campsites so most of my overnight stays are well away from anyone who could be bothered by the noise of a closing sliding door.

I miss the Wizz bang that my boxer snoopy did when I shut the door for the night it was a kind of comforting locking up for the night noise.

I miss the Wizz bang that my boxer snoopy did when I shut the door for the night it was a kind of comforting locking up for the night noise.

You had a 'Wizz bang' one did you - we have the 'grrrrrrrr clunk' version.

You had a 'Wizz bang' one did you - we have the 'grrrrrrrr clunk' version.

Mine's more 'Grrrrrrr clunk, Grrrrrrr clunk, Grrrrrrr ker friggin slam!'

It's usually on the third attempt that it manages to close properly and the cab light goes out.

It makes one very popular on campsites at 3 in the morning.

I see one PVC converter, forgot the maker, but it was expensive 70k, build a fiberglass frame with a standard MoHo door in it to replace the slider

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back