A conversion for the enthusiasts.

I wish my strip out had been that easy,just removing the tuck under tail-lift was a couple of days of grinding,sweating and swearing,and my pile of scrap was probably double theirs as I had a mostly steel and aluminum interior with a steel dividing wall between the living and horse area.
I'll watch their progress with interest,thanks for posting.

I wish my strip out had been that easy,just removing the tuck under tail-lift was a couple of days of grinding,sweating and swearing,and my pile of scrap was probably double theirs as I had a mostly steel and aluminum interior with a steel dividing wall between the living and horse area.
I'll watch their progress with interest,thanks for posting.
I admire your bravery!
I love watching these two work - they have another project, Binky, that’s nearing completion. Despite all the clowning and tea-breaks they show a lot of engineering talent and absolutely do not compromise on their vision.
I could use some of that focus myself!

I admire your bravery!
I love watching these two work - they have another project, Binky, that’s nearing completion. Despite all the clowning and tea-breaks they show a lot of engineering talent and absolutely do not compromise on their vision.
I could use some of that focus myself!

I watched the rest of their truck conversion videos,I hereby retract my statement that they had it easier!
I don't really understand why they put themselves through it,a couple of extra k would've got them a truck that didn't need a new engine and gearbox,or why they even got a truck that the cab can't be tilted...lot of extra work.

I watched the rest of their truck conversion videos,I hereby retract my statement that they had it easier!
I don't really understand why they put themselves through it,a couple of extra k would've got them a truck that didn't need a new engine and gearbox,or why they even got a truck that the cab can't be tilted...lot of extra work.
I wondered that too. If you take a look at Project Binky you’ll see them take a ROTTEN classic mini and perform miracles to put a Celica engine (and lots of other things) in it. I think they do these things to showcase their talents and the services they offer.

Not sure my link was any good - see what I mean about focus? 🤪

I wondered that too. If you take a look at Project Binky you’ll see them take a ROTTEN classic mini and perform miracles to put a Celica engine (and lots of other things) in it. I think they do these things to showcase their talents and the services they offer.

I think you must be right about showcasing their talents,it certainly makes no sense any other way you look at it. Still an enjoyable watch though.

Do you mean of your own conversion Trev?
From someones poor attempt and complete strip down and start all over,including higher geared back axle change and then t belt.

axle  1.jpgaxle a.jpgaxle in a.jpgaxle in b.jpgcamper 2.jpgcamper 5.jpgcamper 7.jpgwash room.jpgvan to back.jpgkitchen side.jpg

Reactions: R0B
The Binky thing was very interesting , their venture into HGV is badly thought out , and they are ill informed on the tech compliance side of things , DVSA dont allow you to just mess about with HGVs like you do with cars. weight is going to be a factor .

You may well be right but from what I've seen so far I don't think they do 'badly thought out'!

I love watching their stuff. I found Binky when they were up to episode 10 which was well over a year ago, so was able to watch the 1st 10 episodes in a couple of weeks......... But then you are hooked and when you realise it is sometimes a couple of months between new episodes it gets frustrating. And they are still not finished.

I reccomend it to any geeky engineers👍🏻

...... But then you are hooked....

I reccomend it to any geeky engineers👍🏻
You sure are! Can't wait for the next one and more progress but at the same time don't want it to end! I watched ep28 last night - I don't know what I'll do with myself when they actually finish, I might try crack - I've heard that's a bit moreish.
Or get on with decorating the house :-(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back