3kw sine wave inverter

yorkieowl

As title states were after a good quality 3kw sine wave inverter, anybody have one, or best sort/place to get one. Cheers Sue.

As title states were after a good quality 3kw sine wave inverter, anybody have one, or best sort/place to get one. Cheers Sue.
When I upgraded from my 1000W Inverter, my research led me to this as an affordable Inverter with decent review feedback - Edecoa 2500W Peak 5000W Power Inverter Pure Sine Wave DC 12V to 240V AC with LCD Display Remote Control - Green: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike. It is working pretty nicely on various power tools and my 2kW Induction Hob.
The same company have variations in terms of larger (and smaller!) Models and both Pure and Modified Models (you haven't actually said which type you are looking for?)

PS. When you are talking about an inverter of the size you are after, the installation and power source becomes essential to get right as you would draw a massive current if you are using at the full rated power. What are you needing to run?

When I upgraded from my 1000W Inverter, my research led me to this as an affordable Inverter with decent review feedback - Edecoa 2500W Peak 5000W Power Inverter Pure Sine Wave DC 12V to 240V AC with LCD Display Remote Control - Green: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike. It is working pretty nicely on various power tools and my 2kW Induction Hob.
The same company have variations in terms of larger (and smaller!) Models and both Pure and Modified Models (you haven't actually said which type you are looking for?)

PS. When you are talking about an inverter of the size you are after, the installation and power source becomes essential to get right as you would draw a massive current if you are using at the full rated power. What are you needing to run?

A modest sized town?
A Bitcoin Mine?

After pure sine wave for an American RV, which currently has a 12v to 110 inverter but 3kw peak would be sufficient, its mainly for 2kw kettle plus 1kw constant.

After pure sine wave for an American RV, which currently has a 12v to 110 inverter but 3kw peak would be sufficient, its mainly for 2kw kettle plus 1kw constant.
2kW kettle wouldn't work with a 3kW Peak Inverter. Peak is for power spikes - so just a few seconds at most usually. If you are drawing a constant 1kW (really? that is like using up the available power of a 100Ah battery every hour!) and add in a 2kW kettle on top for say 3 minutes, you need a 3kW continuous rated Inverter.

Big enough to supply boiling a kettle, I would actually recommend the one in the link in my first post - supports the 2kW Induction Hob fine with a little bit of leeway being 2.5kW.
If 3kW is what is needed and Modified Sine Wave is ok for the equipment, this one would probably be a decent buy - EDECOA Power Inverter Modified Wave 3000W DC 12V to: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Do you have gas in your Yank Tank?

Getting a big inverter and all it's paraphernalia, seems an expensive way of making a cuppa?
You're better off installing a Gas-it refillable system..at a WC member's discount.

That’s an expensive way to boil a kettle as wel Paul :)

Do you have gas in your Yank Tank?

Getting a big inverter and all it's paraphernalia, seems an expensive way of making a cuppa?
You're better off installing a Gas-it refillable system..at a WC member's discount.

or is it? Price of a Gas-it system plus gas hob? My 2500W Inverter and 2kW Induction Hob (that is as fast as a 2kW kettle and A LOT FASTER than a gas hob) were a smidge over £300 and got the hob for loads of other things.

(of course, if cost was the primary driver, a £10 portable stove, a £1 gas cartridge and a £4 kettle is the real way to go :king: )

Surely not, Neil ? Say £500, tops for a gas kit ? Autogas ...dirt cheap, really ?

3kw inverter... Plus Extra for pure sine wave £..? + Solar panels and extra batteries.. +heavy duty wiring... All written off over how many weeks usage?
If we knew how many weeks per year and how much sunshine the panels could use, we could easily do the sums?
My money would be on a gas system, though.

Surely not, Neil ? Say £500, tops for a gas kit ? Autogas ...dirt cheap, really ?

3kw inverter... Plus Extra for pure sine wave £..? + Solar panels and extra batteries.. +heavy duty wiring... All written off over how many weeks usage?
If we knew how many weeks per year and how much sunshine the panels could use, we could easily do the sums?
My money would be on a gas system, though.

I was thinking it would already have a replaceable gas bottle or two and a kettle doesn’t use much :)

Something is using a constant 1kw though as well so I suspect this may be one of those with automatic generators onboard?

It would be interesting doing the maths, if he's starting from scratch ,with a new van and we knew how much and where the OP proposed to use it?
Give us some more information please, Yorkieowl

I carry an electric kettle, it only gets used when I am on a site with EHU, else its a kettle on the gas hob for travelling beverages.
I also carry a Henry Hoover, NutriBullet, Iron, espresso machine, bosh 220v drill, etc etc, only for use on an EHU.

When I owned an American RV, Damon Daybreak, I went mental with the solar & batteries, I had around 600w of solar panels, 700aH leisure batteries and a 6kw Ring inverter. If I used the electric kettle a couple of times, it took the longest time to recharge the batteries from the solar panels.

An electric kettle (typically is 2- 3.5 Kw) it can draw over 100amps from your battery when in use..

On my current van, a Hymer, I've gone 12v all the way, with the 220v luxuries in the back locker for when I have 220v available.

It's much easier not to try and replicate what we have in the house for the van.

james

It's a Coachman RV, and it has a big generator onboard, large battery bank, all wired up with 12v to 110v inverter, with solar panels. Used for full timing, usually has ehu, but wants the mains for when he is occasionally off site. Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back