250 Cassette problem (yup...another toilet thread guys)

Steveboy

Free Member
I have a C250 cassette in my Rapido 776ff. The flush has stopped & refuses to play ball even after checking the fuse, removing cassette & switch assembly and cleaning contacts etc. I am now stumped & wondered if fellow wilders had any words of wisdom to offer me? Everything else works perfectly & being solo it is not a major problem as a mug of water from the sink tap suffices as the flush. It's just frustrating and not being too up on electronics, when I see a jumble of different coloured wires & little circuit boards I am very soon out of my depth and worried in case I short circuit something else.
Thanks in advance.

Why flush?
It only fills the tank up quicker.
Get a spray bottle make up a 5 % solution of the pink toilet fluid.
Spray the bowl pre poo. . Wipe round with toilet paper afterwards spraying where necessary..
Aquachem have now started selling ready made spray bottles.
Clever them selling you a spray bottle with 95% water,each time.
Only rich tuggers would fall for that??
Now wash you hands.

Why flush?
It only fills the tank up quicker.
Get a spray bottle make up a 5 % solution of the pink toilet fluid.
Spray the bowl pre poo. . Wipe round with toilet paper afterwards spraying where necessary..
Aquachem have now started selling ready made spray bottles.
Clever them selling you a spray bottle with 95% water,each time.
Only rich tuggers would fall for that??
Now wash you hands.

Is urine (which i assume is acidic) likely to degrade the black rubber flap between WC bowl and cassette reservoir if not enough water is used to flush the bowl/flap through after use?

Is urine (which i assume is acidic) likely to degrade the black rubber flap between WC bowl and cassette reservoir if not enough water is used to flush the bowl/flap through after use?

Not if you give it. A quick whiff of aerosol silicone spray, as recommended by the makers..Makes the rubber seal last longer too. Amazon flog it.

[/QUOTE]To answer your question, the flush solenoid valve has probably jammed shut. They cost sbout 30 pounds. Usually they fail by leaking but the one on my van doesn't seem to be opening properly. It's a bit of a sod to get at, so for now I'm either not flushing, or using a tooth mug filled in the washbasin.[/QUOTE]
Toothmug eh: exactly what I'm doing. & thanks for the solenoid info. Sounds like it could be the problem. £30 just to flush ....hmmmmm....need to think bout that one.
I also am a 'bowl sprayer' but with 50/50 Aldi best bio & water. Works a treat & cheap too.
Thanks wilders. I knew the answer would be out there in the 'wildiverse'.

Couldn't find the fault on mine,fuse looked ok,but couldn't get any continuity on a test meter ,quick rub with some emery paper,all working.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back