240V Earth

bobj808

Free Member
Hi, I intend installing a microwave in my mh. It obviously needs an earth - I presume (in the unlikely event of a fault) it will earth via an electric hook up or my generator as long as I earth it into the ground (there's an earth connection point on it). It's a compact Daewoo 600w with a start up of just under 1000w so quite happy my Honda EU2000 will run it ok. Is my presumption about earthing correct? Thanks, Bob.

Yes use the earth point and spike into ground,make sure the ground is moist by adding some water around the spike.

Seen many generators running but never seen any of them spiked. I assume if you were to use appliances outwith the MH then spike????

Once you have spiked the generator do you then spike the MH, otherwise pointless???

Well we use a battery lead cable which is fixed from genny to a copper pipe bashed at the end so it can go in the ground - I presume that if there was a 240v electrical fault in mh then it should leak via the hook up cable to the genny then into the ground. I'm maybe raving though lol Bob..

We had a guy at Whitby using one. Just settling down at 9.30pm. Gave it 5 minutes and walked round and suggested he turned it off. He was just warming some soup up in the microwave.

We only use the genny at motocross meetings and it is for soup etc as I am always busy - lots to do when your son races at a high level - always bending things lol. Don't ever contemplate going to an mx meeting if you want to settle down at 9.30!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back