2005 Ivico Daily.

Topmast

Hi all you knowable people.
I have just been offered a 2005 Ivico Daily based Bursner and would like any ideas on what failings they are particularly susceptible to , mileage I am told is about 100 k.. Having all ways had Fiats and Fords am not sure if they have any particular weak spots.Thanks in advance.

There very strong and fitted with the sofim engine, later models like that one have a better or easy to use gearbox compared to my older model, there is some electricery on that model related to engine management which mine has none, as a rule there good for many many miles but do keep an eye on the bodywork.

Thanks both of you , I will try to have a look later this week with particular care on looking for rot , having said that rust isn’t normally a problem over here.

Ivecos get more stick than they deserve imo. The third generation Daily was voted 'van of the year' in 2000 , 2005 is still the same generation. If possible determine its history with regards to use as I would not want a van of any make that has been delivering amazon parcels as an example, 1st and 2nd gear get ragged all day and it's been bouncing off kerbsides doing 3 point turns.

Good luck

Thanks both of you , I will try to have a look later this week with particular care on looking for rot , having said that rust isn’t normally a problem over here.
Not seen any really scabby Ivecos, mines a Mellor bus body so not factory issue, but no rot on mine.....

Burstner is also a very good marque to have with well finished interiors.

Not seen any really scabby Ivecos, mines a Mellor bus body so not factory issue, but no rot on mine.....
Yep mine is a small truck chassis with an alloy/grp body.
axle in b.jpg
view point b.jpg

I used to work for an Iveco dealer many years ago and the Iveco Daily chassis was virtually bomb proof, like trevskoda said it's a like a truck chassis, engines are very reliable, serviced regularly shouldn't give any problems.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back