2003 VW T4 - paint code?

Put the sticker over the rust spots Marie.

To see the result just google "susan calman helen"

Just purchased a second hand mobility scooter for SWMBO.
Good condition by a lot of scratches on the glass fibre.
Bought a load of Daisy decals and the resulting pimped ride looks brilliant.
20240823_140043 (1).jpg

Last of the big spenders, I got her a Daisy key fob as well.

20240823_183138.jpg

To see the result just google "susan calman helen"

Just purchased a second hand mobility scooter for SWMBO.
Good condition by a lot of scratches on the glass fibre.
Bought a load of Daisy decals and the resulting pimped ride looks brilliant.
View attachment 134595

Last of the big spenders, I got her a Daisy key fob as well.

View attachment 134596
You could have gone the extra mile and done her shoes :love:

Arctic white very available i believe

It is, Nigel, and if not straight off the shop shelf it seems to be easy enough to mix up a match by various automative suppliers. (y)

Just contemplating where to get it from and what quantity - the white on the hab body is the same colour as the T4 cab and there's a few small bits that could do with a refresh, such as the hab door hinges and the small overhang above it etc. etc., so in for a penny ...

It is, Nigel, and if not straight off the shop shelf it seems to be easy enough to mix up a match by various automative suppliers. (y)

Just contemplating where to get it from and what quantity - the white on the hab body is the same colour as the T4 cab and there's a few small bits that could do with a refresh, such as the hab door hinges and the small overhang above it etc. etc., so in for a penny ...
used 4 or 5 cans on my vwlt25 just used halfords rattlecans

Best thing to do is go to a paint factors who will check the paint, mix up a match and can put it into an aerosol as well if you want.
White is actually just about the worst colour to match a paint to (closely followed by Silver). So you need to try and feather and blend it in if possible.
I got some "White" paint based on the paint code for my 03 plate VW LT (so close in age to your 04 VW)... It was not a good match :(. Fortunately with the combination of the zebra stripes and the paint being virtually on the roof, it was not obvious, but it could have been!
Got some White paint made up last month to use on my Ducati door sill .... Not used it yet, but fingers crossed!

Marie there’s a place at birtley that mixes paint for you I can’t remember the name of the firm 🤦‍♀️🤨but will ask Malcolm in the morning

So, I've been checking out for any tiny rust spots on the cab (it's an autosleeper coachbuilt, so doesn't apply to the fibreglass hab body).

Neil has successfully treated a couple of tiny spots of rust with correct treatment as advised by the local body shop (he's missed a few, but hey ho, selective deafness strikes again... 🙄😛 🥱😴 )

We now need to find the right shade of "white" to touch up.

There's no record in the actual service manual of the paint code as Autosleeper apparently didn't bother to fill it in, but I have found a "sticker" tucked in one of the front pockets that the VW vehicle manuals came in.

Anybody got an idea which might be the paint code, if any?!

I've just this minute joined a couple of VW transporter groups on *rsebook, but they go through an approval stage and I'm impatient and want to crack with the job while I'm in the mood (and the weather is good!! ) 😜😎

View attachment 134572

View attachment 134573
Many websites with VW paint codes, but is it maybe 2002/3/4 bearing in mind it's coachbuilt so took time to be on the forecourt completed ready for sale. May not now be original paint.
9201 is likely, but whites change over the years, so even if u obtain the correct paint to code it may not be a match. Cut the existing paint back to find what u have now and have a local auto paint factors make up an aerosol(s) to match.
There is an art to using rattle cans, the most basic is to lift off the nozzle at the end of each stroke ti avoid runs.
Best of...

to make sure i got the right colour white i took the fuse board cover ,which had the paint code printed on the inside, into a local vehicle paint supplier , and left it with the ounter guy .
3 days later i collected a can of paint mixed to the exact shade of black as the fuse board cover .

Back