2003 VW T4 - paint code?

mariesnowgoose

So, I've been checking out for any tiny rust spots on the cab (it's an autosleeper coachbuilt, so doesn't apply to the fibreglass hab body).

Neil has successfully treated a couple of tiny spots of rust with correct treatment as advised by the local body shop (he's missed a few, but hey ho, selective deafness strikes again... 🙄😛 🥱😴 )

We now need to find the right shade of "white" to touch up.

There's no record in the actual service manual of the paint code as Autosleeper apparently didn't bother to fill it in, but I have found a "sticker" tucked in one of the front pockets that the VW vehicle manuals came in.

Anybody got an idea which might be the paint code, if any?!

I've just this minute joined a couple of VW transporter groups on *rsebook, but they go through an approval stage and I'm impatient and want to crack with the job while I'm in the mood (and the weather is good!! ) 😜😎

VW T4 vehicle data.jpg

VW T4 paint codes.jpg

Unfortunately that website is no help.

It can't find a match on either the reg no. or the VIN number 🤷‍♀️😕

The paint code will be on the VIN plate under the bonnet
It might not be on the VIN plate but it looks like this
VW-Transporter-Paint-Code-Position-768x1087.jpg
This sticker could be on the bottom of the door or under the dash
Look on here

Last edited:
OK, I've worked it out! 👍 😃

It's on the sticker that was tucked inside the vehicle document.

R902 - Volkswagen "Arctic White". 👍 👌

Easy if you know exactly where to blummin' look! 🙄😜 🤷‍♀️

The rest of it just looks like computer machine code!!! Must all mean something, but only to those in the know 😝 😂

VW T4 R904 arctic white paint code.jpg

Just been out to have a look and take a pic, Terry.

This is the VIN plate under the bonnet, is the "Typ 70C0D" the paint code? :unsure:
No I don't think it is, I just checked and VW don't put the paint code on the VIN plate unlike other manufacturers but it will be on a sticker, it is most probably LOK1 Oryx White, Transporters didn't have many whites
RR902 is grey white so it wouldn't be that
Edit: well done, I know they didn't do many whites but Oryx White is the most common, we knew there would be nothing common about yours 😘

No I don't think it is, I just checked and VW don't put the paint code on the VIN plate unlike other manufacturers but it will be on a sticker, it is most probably LOK1 Oryx White, Transporters didn't have many whites

It's R902, Terry, which is "Arctic White" 👍 👌 😁

Edit: well done, I know they didn't do many whites but Oryx White is the most common, we knew there would be nothing common about yours 😘

It's not very easy being weird, Terry! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤪😁😘

Marie, each of those 3 digit sets of numbers/letters tells you what option or feature is fitted.
i.e. "0ZN = Transmission ratio, high geared"

use this website - https://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx - to find what you have. You can type in all of them in a oneer (space between each set of 3) to get a single list.

... does this mean I'll be able to check if it's the racing model?! 😲:ROFLMAO:;)

Marie, each of those 3 digit sets of numbers/letters tells you what option or feature is fitted.
i.e. "0ZN = Transmission ratio, high geared"

use this website - https://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx - to find what you have. You can type in all of them in a oneer (space between each set of 3) to get a single list.

Thank you, David. Just tried it, this is what I got 😁

X2B = National sales program Great Britain
B0N = Component parts set, complying with vehicle type for Great Britain, various parts
C7W = Steel wheels 6J x 15
G0C = 5-speed manual transmission
H5T = All-weather tires 265/35 R20 99H x1 (NAR)
J0R = Battery 380 A (80 Ah)
M9M = 5-cyl. diesel engine 2.5 L/75 kW TDI distr. inj. pump, turboch., interc., EGRbase engine is T7K/T8S
0J4 = Increased payload for special bodywork
1AB = Power brake
1G2 = Steel spare wheel with original equipment tires
1ME = Steering wheel
1NE = Wheel center cover
3AQ = Right exterior mirror with brace, convex
3BL = Left exterior mirror with brace, convex
T7K = 5-cylinder diesel engine 2.5 L unit 074.5
0E1 = Short wheelbase
0ZN = Transmission ratio, high geared
QG1 = Service interval prolongation
0G1 = Gearshift lever