2 weeks in France oct where?

I think you may find that parking on the quais is no longer free on a Saturday afternoon.

Perhaps not , it was last year . Still surely worth paying whatever . Almost certainly still free from saturday evening till first thing monday , as are virtually all european cities

Only used tunnel once, Alcam. No deals available at the time and, like yourself, did not make a return booking, would do same for summer coming.

Our Jack is good when on his own, problem with being in a vessel is, lots of noise, boat heave etc. not sure how he would cope. When we did Oban to Barra, 4+ hour crossing, dogs are allowed internal/external designated pet areas, which puts everyone at ease. Maybe other companies will eventually look at CalMac practice?

Yea not had a problem even though coming back end november was rough crossing .
See TjBi [below] is saying that you could get dog friendly cabins to Le Havre at short notice ? Never had any luck with that , spoke to BF and they say usually fully booked months in advance . If you can book dog friendly cabin at short notice let me know

Best places I have found for half decent weather in October in France are the Dordogne, Lot, Landes (South west) or the med coast. All a bit of a trek for 2 weeks. The key at that time of year is elevation / altitude. Avoid the high Massif central or other high altitude areas. You could be lucky in Brittany or Normandy of course but expect weather on a par with southern England there or maybe slightly better.

Yea not had a problem even though coming back end november was rough crossing .
See TjBi [below] is saying that you could get dog friendly cabins to Le Havre at short notice ? Never had any luck with that , spoke to BF and they say usually fully booked months in advance . If you can book dog friendly cabin at short notice let me know

Don't think I mentioned short notice, particularly as I have no experience of attempting to book dog-friendly at any sort of notice.

Tom

Don't think I mentioned short notice, particularly as I have no experience of attempting to book dog-friendly at any sort of notice.

Tom

Reading your post re waiting to check weather before deciding destination and then talking about dog friendly cabins , I [obviously wrongly] assumed the 2 paragraphs were related .
Apologies

Reading your post re waiting to check weather before deciding destination and then talking about dog friendly cabins , I [obviously wrongly] assumed the 2 paragraphs were related .
Apologies

No need to apologise. We book up to a year ahead (though in light of the disasters that have now occurred two years running, I'm wondering about the wisdom of this) but decide last-minute where we will head from the French port. I find Cherbourg and Saint-Malo very conveniently located for this, rather than being tucked away in the extreme NE corner of France with Paris blocking the way to the SW.

Ile de Re
We were there in September and absolutely loved it

Been there a couple of times 20+ years ago. I loved it then. Wonder if it's changed?

We also went there when the kids were small,
Went recently, very disappointed, couldn't get off the island fast enough.
The beach we used with the children now resembles a tip.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back