1981 Bedford CF Diesel Gearbox

Chrissy

Hi EV1 :D

Anyone got one of these spare please :eek: Or does anyone know where I might get one.

Apparently ours is Kna****ed @ 1st and reverse.

Ta muchly
Chrissy

---------
Love and life are both really easy if you work really hard at them :D

Hi EV1 :D

Anyone got one of these spare please :eek: Or does anyone know where I might get one.

Apparently ours is Kna****ed @ 1st and reverse.

Ta muchly
Chrissy

---------
Love and life are both really easy if you work really hard at them :D

Sounds like a synchromesh problem ?

In terms of getting a solution, I believe there is a Classic camping club for the older motorhomes,Also you may find a Bedford Owners Club ? if you google.

Perhaps going forwards a good idea when a vehicle is getting on a bit, You normally like here find somebody that knows the answer.

I have a 1977 and 1955 motorbikes also a 1985 Land Rover, and that has been my experience.

Sorry I cant be more specific

Channa

Google Bedford parts they may be able to help or if Mandrake is around he may have some tips.

might be worth having the linkage looked at before you go getting another box, it may be worn perhaps?

Bedford CF owners club can be found here CF-UK The Bedford CF van and motorhome site - A small area of the web dedicated to the Bedford CF. A very knowledgeable and helpful bunch.

And try here for spares, he specailises in breaking CF's and has just about everything you could need.

Adrian Bailey Classics
Unit 1/1A Thornton grove works
Thornton Grove
Whingate
Leeds
LS12 3JB
Tel: 0113 2634288

Scott (CF Autosleeper owner :))
Thanks V V much Scott - will try this guy this week. V V useful contact details.
Thanks
Christine

Decisions Decisions

Well - thanks for the help so far

FYI hubby is a mechanic (and MOT tester) - his boss told him yesterday (older and wiser) that he could use a petrol gearbox with some "tweaking" of the fuel pump

The one on ebay is for a petrol engine - so could be a solution - good price as well - thanks.

However, through CF club found one in Winchester (about 250 miles away :() with an overdrive and propshaft - again petrol and much much more expensive but am told with the overdrive it is a better option and will give a bit more speed and considerably less noise and will not wear out engine so much.

I am currently sourcing a courier but they are coming in at £65 to £120 plus VAT - have one more option that might be OK.

Hubby took gearbox apart yesterday :eek: and the teeth are broken in parts on the reverse cog and he thinks that it is some of these pieces that are making first gear noisy. It woudl appear that the linkage has not been pushing the reverse gear fully in to position.

I hope this post helps others in the future.

Thanks for all your comments and assistance :)

try this number 01132634288 ,he has all the spares you can ever wish for for bedfords not the cheapest guy around but if he aint got it no body will have also try the bedford cf web site also, CF-UK The Bedford CF van and motorhome site - A small area of the ...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back