13 year old driver

tony

in waterford a 13 year old driver was caught driving a car.
both his parents were passengers in the car at the time.
them parents should get jail.
tony

Had an private message sent to me about this, i bet parents pissed, mind you every weekend belfast bad spots is full of this, one killed before xmas riding a moto on main road with a mate on the back.

Don't see a problem as taxi are far to expensive in this land after midnight. The law is outdated as they have , or do let anyone drive in this part of the globe.

DEI or just IED

Hope the boy only gets 6 points and not banned as not said he was driving badly. Just stopped him as he's was young faced / native maybe.
His / there horses were sick at that time. Lol

If you still live here you must expect the police to interfear with you. London copper sacked for interference. December 2024

in waterford a 13 year old driver was caught driving a car.
both his parents were passengers in the car at the time.
them parents should get jail.
tony
As the lad is under tha age of responsibility the it is the parents who get locked up anyway isn’t it? In any event they will get points, unless it’s different to uk

Don't see a problem as taxi are far to expensive in this land after midnight. The law is outdated as they have , or do let anyone drive in this part of the globe.

DEI or just IED

Hope the boy only gets 6 points and not banned as not said he was driving badly. Just stopped him as he's was young faced / native maybe.

If you still live here you must expect the police to interfear with you. London copper sacked for interference. December 2024

Wouldn't want him to get banned Jeff.

How would he get to school?

Give him 6 points on his provisional when he gets it. Fine added

instructor and examiner will see it before lessons and test

Not really the kids fault. If his parents were daft enough to let him drive on a public road then the buck should stop with them really. If it was some rural backwater in Ireland then its hardly crime of the century though.

I remember my dad teaching me to drive on the inner circuit at Croft as soon as I could reach the pedals. Probably nine or ten. Never on the road though but it was still a public place I guess.

My dad did the same Barry. In the Summer holidays I used to go with him to the larger sites and he let me drive the van around all day there if nobody was about.

Not sure about these days, but a few years back you can drive down south on l olates without a driver with a full licence in with you.
And remember many young kids are driving tractors in the country, iv seen 10/12 year olds in them and driving quads bringing in sheep and cows.

I used to drive my mother’s car when I was 13.
Although she didn’t know

I took my mothers mini van for a spin down the drive when I was about 12 and tried to get it round the back of the house. Crashed it into my sisters new bike and the garage wall and dented both the car and her bike. My older Brother who was 20 got the blame!! 🤣

DEI or just IED

what does 'If you still live here you must expect the police to interfear with you. London copper sacked for interference. December 2024' mean?

I used to nip down the shops in the van to get my dads fags when I was 14. It meant driving about 3/4 of a mile to the end of the road, parking there and walking 50 yards down the main road to the shop then driving back.

He said I'd be for it if I drove on the main road, he was responsible in that respect. 😐

depends on the lad . at that age mine was driving a tractor 11 hours a day. as for my youngest d/r , when she was 13 i let her have a go in my merc 380 , as we were on a dirt back road . when i woke up ,the road had been metalled and white-lined and the evening rush hour was on . she didn't think it worth waking me

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back