12v electric blanket

Nosha

Maplin have just reduced the price of their 12v electric blanket/travel rug.
From £14.99 to £9.99 it comes with a good quality cigar lighter plug with LED. Draws 4 amps.
We bought one for New Years Eve at Southwold, plugged it in as we left, arrived 2hrs later with a very warm and aired bed! Bliss!
You could wrap it round your legs (as a passenger) whilst travelling, or warm the bed whilst travelling, if you have a large leisure battery it could be left on as an over-blanket all night!
The best winter tenner I've spent!

From £14.99 to £9.99 it comes with a good quality cigar lighter plug with LED. Draws 4 amps.
We bought one for New Years Eve at Southwold, plugged it in as we left, arrived 2hrs later with a very warm and aired bed! Bliss!
You could wrap it round your legs (as a passenger) whilst travelling, or warm the bed whilst travelling, if you have a large leisure battery it could be left on as an over-blanket all night!

Hot water bottles £1.99/at boots, fill with hot water, put in bed, come home, bed warm and still enough power left in the battery for the heating and the fridge and the lights and the................. Mother knew best!:confused::confused:

I use Snugglesafe heat pads - although they're intended for pets, they're brilliant for humans too! They are heated in a microwave (12v Wavebox) and stay warm for up to 12 hours. You can even stuff them up a fleece for secret warmth on a chilly day - not that I'd admit to this, of course.

wife cost me seven shillings and sixpence 37 years ago kept me warm in bed all these years, now that was a bargain :eek: :D:D oops thats me down as a M.C.P. sorry ladies :D

Hi Mandrake,
send her to bed first, great minds think alike, better than any hot water bottle or electric blanket.

Happy Warm Camping:)

Hi Mandrake,
send her to bed first, great minds think alike, better than any hot water bottle or electric blanket.

Agree
But on the other hand: never had words with a hot water bottle nor an electric blanket :eek::D:D

Hi Mandrake,

and another benefit is a hot water:D bottle cannot make tea and toast next morning

no not faulty its taken me 37 years of excellent training for all my benefits ps i am walking a fine line here as her indoors finds these post I AM A DEAD MAN :eek::eek::D

Mine has ice cold feet:eek::D:eek::D so it is me that does the warming up:eek:
Sounds like I am doing something wrong:eek:, so will have to trade in for a newer model:D:rolleyes:;)

Sounds to me like the thermostats gone lol.

get some lagging on the feet big pair of socks they are a must :eek::D

That is excellent news Nosha, I will be driving on my own from Cherbourg to Barcelona to pick up my wife in a couple of weeks and there was I thinking I would have to advertise for a lady wuth warm feet to accompany me!

Len

And there was I thinking I could make a serious contribution to winter motorhomeing... and I come back a week later and see it's been hi-jacked by petty sexist remarks!

KEEP THE GOOD WORK CHAPS, THEY'RE VERY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and a ten quid blanket is cheaper & QUIETER to run in the long run! Doh! Now I've started!!!!!):p

Overblanket

Get yourself an old WW2 army greatcoat:eek:, you,ll pick one up at ex army/navy stores;) chuck one of these on top and you,ll be pinned to the matress:D
Its an idea to remove the brass buttons:eek:, I used to wake up with the DLI Emblem imprinted on me foreheed:eek::p:cool:

no not faulty its taken me 37 years of excellent training for all my benefits ps i am walking a fine line here as her indoors finds these post I AM A DEAD MAN :eek::eek::D

I should keep an eye on the new members just in case she joins:)

And there was I thinking I could make a serious contribution to winter motorhomeing... and I come back a week later and see it's been hi-jacked by petty sexist remarks!

KEEP THE GOOD WORK CHAPS, THEY'RE VERY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and a ten quid blanket is cheaper & QUIETER to run in the long run! Doh! Now I've started!!!!!):p

think i may be the guilty party here :p;) but i seem to have got away with it :D

Electric blankets, hot water bottles, thick socks!!! Softees the lot of you :)

PS. I just leave my heating on...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back