£140 for 7 kg

Jandb4

Free Member
Hello all. Been motorhoming for 40 odd years but new to this site. Always wild camped abroad but intend to tour Scotland for a couple of month starting end of April and thought I would pick your brains.

question:- Want to get refillable gas cylinders so contacted the company and was giving a quote for 2 cylinders fitted. I queried the quote and was told the following:-

What is the weight and price difference between the light and heavy bottles please. Weight difference is based on two bottles in steel at 20.8kg empty or 13.4KG if using two Alugas. Price difference as a guide is £140 between the two bottles with the Alugas been the dearer one.

Why would I pay an extra £140 to save 7 kg please??? What am I missing??

Hello all. Been motorhoming for 40 odd years but new to this site. Always wild camped abroad but intend to tour Scotland for a couple of month starting end of April and thought I would pick your brains.

question:- Want to get refillable gas cylinders so contacted the company and was giving a quote for 2 cylinders fitted. I queried the quote and was told the following:-

What is the weight and price difference between the light and heavy bottles please. Weight difference is based on two bottles in steel at 20.8kg empty or 13.4KG if using two Alugas. Price difference as a guide is £140 between the two bottles with the Alugas been the dearer one.

I have no problem with good old fashioned steel, be it wheels or cylinders.

Richard

Your first post ?

Somebody will pay... Especially if they are 5kg over their payload weight.

I thought your post was for those blue tablets , that we keep on being offered .

I'd have bought a batch if it was.

Keep us posted !:cheers:

Which company did you contact for a quote? As a Full Member you are entitled to a discount off a Gas-It system.

What Tezza is so gentle pointing out is that normal etiquette is to introduce yourself with your first post. However unless you have been on here for a while you would not know that.:rolleyes2:

Richard

I think you'll be missing £140 if you go for the ally ones, and that's about it ,
:welcome:

Autogas2000. It would be convenient to go there as I could call into their depot at Thirsk on my way to relations at Durham and then to the highlands and islands from there. We live on the isle of Wight and they won't deliver there as I could have done it myself.

like they said if you worried about weight then go for lightweight bottle s but unless you are going to camp all year round then the cost of refillable will take you longer to recoup the cost and you will always use more during the winter so then you will notice the cost of non refillables

Autogas2000. It would be convenient to go there as I could call into their depot at Thirsk on my way to relations at Durham and then to the highlands and islands from there. We live on the isle of Wight and they won't deliver there as I could have done it myself.

Have you been on the Gas-It website? Their service is second to none, and if you order by phone, you are entitled to either 5% discount or European Adaptors, whichever you choose.

GAS IT Refillable gas bottles, refillable gas tank, vapour tanks and gas bottles, for caravans, by GAS IT, Alugas - GAS IT Leisure Gas - Catering, Motorhome, Caravan, Farrier and Road Repair Refillable Gas Solutions

or you could go straight to Refillable Products here;

GAS IT LPG and Autogas refillable gas products for motorhomes, caravans, catering, commercial and industrial use. - GAS IT Leisure Gas - Catering, Motorhome, Caravan, Farrier and Road Repair Refillable Gas Solutions

Last edited:

I used them for my refillables, excellent service and very knowledgable. I'm calling in to see them tomoss to get quote for supply and installation of as large as possible underfloor cylinder to at least double my present gas capacity.
I've found out that my present 2 X 6kg refillables don't last long during the winter months when I'm wilding in Scotland.

We have a 90ltr under slung tank, 72 usable litres, never run out and we don't waste valuable storage space keeping gas bottles onboard.

Wouldn't be without it.

We have a 90ltr under slung tank, 72 usable litres, never run out and we don't waste valuable storage space keeping gas bottles onboard.

Wouldn't be without it.
Pity we never thought of that when wer had gaslow fitted. Wouldn't be without refillable gas now.
Especially now while travelling through Spain, Portugal and France saves a lot of faffing about.

Wouldn't be without it.

I was under the impression that the maximum that could be carried on a ferry was 55 litres, I could be wrong, but did you look into it?

the answer is that some vans only have a load allowance of a couple of hundred kilo's and that's with one cylinder no water no passenger etc in that case the 7 kegs can become more important,I think that is the only reason to pay the extra cash

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back