My next two months are in Ireland

I would love to go to Ireland but I am afraid it will rain all the time and the ferry is expensive, however I hope you have a wonderful time.
The ferry is expensive yes, costs more than Portsmouth Caen which is over two hrs longer.

We are going to Rosslare too. Wondered if they check your fridge or ask if you have milk or meat on board - what do we know? Thinking of taking the stuff we want to keep us going for a while so as not to have to do a shop the minute we arrive...
they dont check your fridge ask if any animals in board

Was over at easter saled to belfast have family In Warren point, you can overnight in the main car park at Rostrever lots of laybays you can overnight with veiws over the lough also at Newcasle car park that you can over nigt, we drove down to Galway and you can overnight on the cathrdral car park right in the centre. hopt this helps also Carick on shannon you can overnight in car parks if you want hook up and showers the Carick boat hire have places 25 euro a night hope this helps

Be aware that unless Macker 1 has more up to date information, Galway cathedral car park were not allowing overnighting in sept 2023. Check post 95 of thread ‘Galway overnight’ on motorhomecraic.com Galway is notorious for being anti Motorhome, choose your parking carefully.
Also Overnighting in the Castle island car park in Newcastle is technically not permitted, but seems to be tolerated. I have no knowledge of anyone being ticketed.

Davy

Be aware that unless Macker 1 has more up to date information, Galway cathedral car park were not allowing overnighting in sept 2023. Check post 95 of thread ‘Galway overnight’ on motorhomecraic.com Galway is notorious for being anti Motorhome, choose your parking carefully.
Also Overnighting in the Castle island car park in Newcastle is technically not permitted, but seems to be tolerated. I have no knowledge of anyone being ticketed.

Davy
The Galway cathedral car park you put a carpark ticket on cant remember how much we had to pay for two bays as vehicle 6, about 6 vans at Newcaste over easter Hope this helps. Cranfield is now a no go area for parking overnight

The Galway cathedral car park you put a carpark ticket on cant remember how much we had to pay for two bays as vehicle 6, about 6 vans at Newcaste over easter Hope this helps. Cranfield is now a no go area for parking overnight
I liked Cranfield, what about the dead end down past the castle, maybe we should have our vans sprayed with invisable ink. :unsure: 😂

Back