Looks like another poi will go.

Jeeesaz! Stretching it a bit referring to Teesmouth as "Beauty spot" :ROFLMAO:

My thoughts too, Barry!

Having said that, I’d be inclined to be a bit suspicious about this latest development given the ongoing situation down that neck of the woods… 🤷‍♀️

Mayor's development corporation in High Court showdown with port operator over South Gare access

Up until now nobody has given a flying fig about South Gare (as far as I’m aware?) and it definitely doesn’t qualify under the regular attributes normally associated with “beauty spots”! 😉 🤣

Last edited:
The powers that be are probably scheming to get rid of any unwanted "human detritus" well in advance of sending the big bulldozers as soon as they've pulled the requisite political strings to achieve whatever it is they want to do ;)

Have you been to Morecombe ? ;-)

Not for about 20 years. We drove over there one night after work in my new (to me) baby Ferrari (Fiat Coupe), stayed about 15 min and turned round again stopping for Dinner in the Lake district. Pretty grim.

There cannot be many places left that aren't on some forum or other as free camping for the night so we have given up and just use CLs at least you can book a place for the night. We were down at Bexhill on Sea and MHs were parked on the road with awnings out over the grass. One place we used to stay was Barton on Sea overlooking the Needles Lighthouse. Loverly spot on top of the cliffs. Now has signs up as locals moaning about number of MHs stopping for long periods.

There cannot be many places left that aren't on some forum or other as free camping for the night so we have given up and just use CLs at least you can book a place for the night. We were down at Bexhill on Sea and MHs were parked on the road with awnings out over the grass. One place we used to stay was Barton on Sea overlooking the Needles Lighthouse. Loverly spot on top of the cliffs. Now has signs up as locals moaning about number of MHs stopping for long periods.

Its mainly what we do now in the UK although I'll still wild in a few places like the Scottish Isles. We tend to stay long periods now in several places so CLs suit us better. Generally the hidden off grid ones.

Its mainly what we do now in the UK although I'll still wild in a few places like the Scottish Isles. We tend to stay long periods now in several places so CLs suit us better. Generally the hidden off grid ones.
Same here now mostly ....

Last weekend £12 per night and site to ourselves ....
Zero stress

I still know a few that are seven quid. 😂 We had one near Bath and one near St Ives in 2022 that were a fiver! 😁

I had some mates come over from Bedford by boat last year Barry. They moored up in a field just outside St Neots and a chap approached them.

"This is my land and it's a tenner to moor here overnight!" he shouted, so they duly paid him. After a day in the pub they went back to the boat and another bloke approached them and asked what the fekk they were doing on his land.

Turns out the first bloke was just a chancer walking the footpath. :LOL:

Last time I was on a campsite was one night last November and I have been in the van most of the time since then. It’s not just things getting posted on the internet it’s the sheer amount of vans on the roads now. Since Covid I can’t even imagine how many extra folks out there, certainly hundreds of times more vans around in Scotland over the Winter.

Make the most of it, if everything goes EV that’s the end of free camping. Pity I am too old and knackered for a horse and bow top

Last time I was on a campsite was one night last November and I have been in the van most of the time since then. It’s not just things getting posted on the internet it’s the sheer amount of vans on the roads now. Since Covid I can’t even imagine how many extra folks out there, certainly hundreds of times more vans around in Scotland over the Winter.

Make the most of it, if everything goes EV that’s the end of free camping. Pity I am too old and knackered for a horse and bow top

I think it will be a long time before diesel motorhomes are a thing of the past. I reckon most on here won't have to worry about it including me. :D

I'm just pleased most of the newbies where we go don't seem to have discovered off grid CL's just yet and a lot of the ones we use are down horrendous narrow lanes where anyone with anything shiny would likely avoid. :D

I saw a guy parked up in a set back grassy area on the side of the road on the way back south from Coldstream on Thursday, Neil.

He had a lovely looking bow top and 2 horses grazing.

Probably making his way down to Appleby Fair.

It's getting harder for them to find spots to stop off.

There was a grand spot for the travellers on the B6309 Chart Bank at Ebchester, which I think must have been a regular stopping off point for quite a while.
I've seen maybe half a dozen vardos in the past gathered for the evening on their way to and from Appleby.
Never any bother and a lovely sight to see.

But I noticed when I drove up that way to get across to the Tyne Valley for the first time earlier this year there's now a load of big boulders placed there to stop anyone from pulling in there. 😕😢

Maybe an over-officious county council, a change of land or property ownership and the new owner is anti, or maybe even one of those recently arrived "Mrs Bucket" types we've been talking about on other threads? Whatever, I think it's a real shame.

Lots of places have the big boulders now Marie. I think the farmers got a bit scared with that group that were going onto fields then refusing to move unless they were paid

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:156)

shortcircuit, mistericeman, Boris7, Martin P, guerdeval, The laird, number14, maingate, witzend, Tonybvi, runnach, trixie88, clarkpeacock, saxonborg, NSY, Fisherman, CHAIRMAN, barryd, TJBi, Greengrass, rugbyken, Makzine, Scotia, Biggarmac, Nabsim, amcjam, andyjanet, GinaRon, Canalsman, SimonM, Bigshug, bobemmo29, mariesnowgoose, Jo001, mark61, scampa, davep10000, aross, Gerry Attrick, Mickrick, Debroos, smg, jeanette, rigglerxx, alcam, tobym, jimmybanks41, AdriaTwin, Sharon the Cat, Doigy, DTF, Dave11A, Livotlout, Heppy, belbri, 1807truckman, Tezza33, bdastu, Victor, Cass, NeilyG, ewen, flying kipper, specky4eyes, Alberto, RichardHelen262, oppy, 2cv, Rod, r4dent, jann, hanger18, peejay, Mick67, Owen M, The Jacks, ironman, Fazerloz, GMLS, alwaysared, Ramsince69, Twithooks, alan1958, campervanannie, Rogerdodge, GMJ, ajb70, Okta, landie50, Admin, Gadabout2, winks, Ian and Cath, JVG, barge1914, mishlaughton, Monkeybrand, GeoffL, Tim120, elfish, Robmac, Wooie1958, Pudsey Bear, Herman, Palette, Ken Parsons, mick n jules, davef, Val54, paulhelenwilko, QFour, barrypat, Owlhouse, Moonraker 2, jacquigem, AllanD, mikejay, gilsof31, Budgie, TissyD, caledonia, Mick Browne, kevlakes, MartinFife, reiverlad, stonedaddy, V1nny, RSD7a, Goofer, Alun100, 2Coops, morsefields, WingNut, lthoel2, trevskoda, fiona b, vindiboy, mygrassisblue, TimSands, Thistle, Di1234, matbic, groyne, longtoedsloth, Quiddle, linkshouse, HurricaneSmith, johnnygm7lsi, defect, Zavvy, wints, royh28, Motoroamer, seagoon, Ly085, philstoke,
Back