Discount codes for tools

1 Cup

For a While I've needed to get tools for van biuld.
Need a jig saw and a router to complete kitchen worktop.wich I've gone for 12mm Corian. So now need to shape it

Most of my tools now are dewalt. = 1, 18v drill. Plus 2 5amp. 1 240v grinder That's all the tools.

So looking at 335 jigsaw and 253 router both £200 .00 plus tips,. bits and blades ££££ so very in need of discounts for on line purchases. Amazon eBay direct sale

If your here what's the router bit called for bevling ie rounded edge ? TIA

ATTACH]
Screenshot_20240417_142401_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240417_142215_Chrome.jpg
20240416_155856.jpg

i think you mean a radius cutter . also parkside tools from LIDL are cheaper and more than good enough . i think iaid about 30 quid for my cordless jigsaw , and the parkside impact driver is easily as good as my makita ,for 150 quid less

Last edited:
i think you mean a radius cutter . also parkside tools from LIDL are cheaper and more than good enough . i think iaid about 30 quid for my cordless jigsaw , and the parkside impact driver is easily as good as my makita ,for 150 quid less
They have some tasty stuff on offer this week I think Nigel. Tools etc.

Think this is a great idea. this place near Glasgow is brilliant for people building vans. Have a look and see if there’s something similar in your area. They have a tool bank and it’s a dry place

Think this is a great idea. this place near Glasgow is brilliant for people building vans. Have a look and see if there’s something similar in your area. They have a tool bank and it’s a dry place

Looks like it could be very handy. all prices are "POA" though. Any ideas how much?

you're right Rob, and i've always called radius cutters scotia cutters . as for roundover bits , i must have 20 or more in the shed ,4 of them in separate routers

All the Corian videos are old on YT. So would I need ! wood, stone or metal router bits for the edge's ?. As never worked with a router or Corian.

I know it will take some sanding.

You also have a tool library up in Scotland.

That sounds like big van small world. Brilliant.

you're right Rob, and i've always called radius cutters scotia cutters . as for roundover bits , i must have 20 or more in the shed ,4 of them in separate routers

I've got some myself somewhere Nigel. I want to make myself a simple Router table at some point, I daresay you have made one before?

I've got some myself somewhere Nigel. I want to make myself a simple Router table at some point, I daresay you have made one before?
a few . i keep it smple-bit of steel plate with a central hole . router held underneath by a couple of destaco clamps [quick release ] then a hardwood fence bolted in one corner so it swivels and can be clamped in any position . as routers are circular , there's no need for a parallel fence
it helps if the fence is held by acoach bolt in a slot so it can quickly be removed

For a While I've needed to get tools for van biuld.
Need a jig saw and a router to complete kitchen worktop.wich I've gone for 12mm Corian. So now need to shape it

Most of my tools now are dewalt. = 1, 18v drill. Plus 2 5amp. 1 240v grinder That's all the tools.

So looking at 335 jigsaw and 253 router both £200 .00 plus tips,. bits and blades ££££ so very in need of discounts for on line purchases. Amazon eBay direct sale

If your here what's the router bit called for bevling ie rounded edge ? TIA

ATTACH]View attachment 130148View attachment 130149View attachment 130150
I have quite a bit of stuff left over from my self build.

For some reason, I can't PM you but.

Plunge/Track saw
Double compound mitre saw
Router
De-WaltTrim router
Various tools if you are local to me become look make an offer and you can have them.

another possible option thinking about it is joining your local "mens shed"? I think the tools within them are generally to be used within the building, but you could possibly arrange to borrow and takeaway for a day or if what you are doing can be carried inside, work on it within the 'shed' (which is probably better than trying to work in a cramped van).

This is in auction in Nottingham but it’s 230volt ,it finishes Saturday, if it’s of interest I have an account with this auctioneer so I can buy it and forward it on
IMG_1116.png

Back