Autotrail watertank sender unit.

Might help you, do you have level probes giving 1/2 1/4 3/4 full lights or a continuous readout ?

Yes I have a flue and its no problem knowing the approximate place where the boiler is...it's getting to it that's the problem as it's all been boxed in....hence my remark about having to deconstruct part of the MH to get at it.

I was mainly responding to your post #16.

I'm sorry but you're on your own with repairs but working on it shouldn't be that difficult as it will mainly mean looking for the screws holding the panel that's hiding it. I'd farm the job out if I wasn't into it within 20 minutes, lifes too short to spend our later years on our knees messing with Trumas as they are always in an awkward place for none simian peeps.

One of the things I consider first when installing anything is how do I take it out when it goes wrong!
There are too many things on Motohomes that are harder then they ought to service and replace (a great example being a fridge that is too big to fit in any exit point bar the Windscreen!)

Few thoughts
a) Most senders can be recalibrated easily, have you got a manual ?
b) Have the van got a waste level sender and if so can you swap them over? That would help diagnose the problem.
c) Is there an Autotrail owners group? They would be more help on make specific issues.
I found something on another forum that sound like the same problem we are having. We pay no attention to waste tank as it gets emptied at every oppotuinty, but if the waste tank is full it puts on the red LED, sounds a buzzer and shows an empty tank, so it looks like the waste sensor is faulty not the clean water and a quick test is to disconnect the sensors to disarm them, apparently a few people have done this as an easy fix and we will do the same as i said we don't check the waste level.
So tomorrow I test this and let you all know.

thanks for everybodies input.

Has anybody experienced any problems with their sender unit, I just want to confirm it is the sender before I drop the tank to get it out.

Whats happening is, we fill the tank and the EC51 shows a full tank, then we will use about a 1/4 of that tank and the EC51 will show empty and start bleeping at us, we can reset it to stop the bleep by pressing the water tank button, but it is then pure guess work as to the water level and how much water we have left. as it just illuminates the last red light.

If I knew what type of sender it was I would buy a new one and plug it in to see if it worked ok in a bucket, so if anyone knows what sender a 2017 autotrail imala is fitted with would be a help.

thanks, Ken.
Mines been like that ages so I just leave it flashing. Think they get bit of food etc adhering to the sensor.

Has anybody experienced any problems with their sender unit, I just want to confirm it is the sender before I drop the tank to get it out.

Whats happening is, we fill the tank and the EC51 shows a full tank, then we will use about a 1/4 of that tank and the EC51 will show empty and start bleeping at us, we can reset it to stop the bleep by pressing the water tank button, but it is then pure guess work as to the water level and how much water we have left. as it just illuminates the last red light.

If I knew what type of sender it was I would buy a new one and plug it in to see if it worked ok in a bucket, so if anyone knows what sender a 2017 autotrail imala is fitted with would be a help.

thanks, Ken.
Hey Ken
They play up all the time but the grey waste is normally the worst, what I do is drain the tank and if you look or put your hand up the side of the tank and find the wires (mine is on the near side of the tank) I then remove the nearest bung and with a cloth I wipe the 3 or 4 sensor prongs, works for about a week and then shows full all the time I just dump the grey every chance I get wouldn’t waste money on a new one, never had a problem with the fresh but it works on the same type of sender unit but maybe cause we full time I have less problems with the tank.

Lots more chemicals in the waste water, soap slime and all sorts of stuff that they can't design for, fresh water is a more known quantity I suppose.

Ours has one, not sure if it's a Swift thing or not, but we just fill and empty as and when, the gauge is a Nordelectro? jobbie and even the clock has the wrong time, it's not even right twice a day, worst control panel ever, had it three years and no idea how to turn the bathroom lights on/off so I took the lamps out.

Just a quick update, I eventually got around to looking for the sensor on the waste tank today, unfortunately I did not have my phone at hand to take any pictures. The sender is located out of sight on top the tank, so it's a case of feeling for it and working blind. But it is a simple little float switch that is just a push fit into the top of the tank, i pulled it out and gave it a wipe, shouted the wife to switch the control panel on as I operated the switch to check it worked as it should and then pushed it back in making sure it was the right way up. We are away for a few days next week so I'll let you all know it it worked.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:10)

Back