X250 how cold is your air-con?

I’ll have to pay a visit to my aircon engineer and see if he can get any info from Fiat locally, although they’re known to be ‘difficult’ to have a simple talk to. You know, the sort of talk where you get told ‘oh the number 17 fuse is a bugger for that’ kind of talk that doesn’t cost you £250 when they want you to leave it with them for a week many months in the future

I’ll have to pay a visit to my aircon engineer and see if he can get any info from Fiat locally, although they’re known to be ‘difficult’ to have a simple talk to. You know, the sort of talk where you get told ‘oh the number 17 fuse is a bugger for that’ kind of talk that doesn’t cost you £250 when they want you to leave it with them for a week many months in the future
Trouble is on most the evaporator/fan/heater are one of the first bits that are fitted to the body....

I’ll pretend I didn’t just read that :cry:

go on, tell me it’s the number 17 fuse to cheer me up ;)
Sadly I never sussed it on my last boxer....
Fan howling away
Aircon compressor sounding like it was the back of an ice cream van....
And not a sausage of cold air out of the vents....
Turned off and left it would often work perfectly for another 100 miles then back to nowt again....
Thankfully its working on the new van

So far

No it was proven to be empty and then filled as necessary.
In that case you probably have a leak. Did they check the system under pressure or under vacuum?

The “normal” test is to check the system “holds” vacuum for a specified period of time unfortunately this is not the best way to test the system and most reputable garages now pressurise the system with Nitrogen and checks the system holds pressure.

If you had it re-charged recently I’d suggest you go back and ask them to check it again (for nothing because it sounds like it wasn’t done properly the first time).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back