WOW that could of been DANGEROUS!!!!!

I'm waiting for the guy who fitted it to call me. But as always these guys are always flat out..

i've been thinking about this story . first problem seems to be a delay in igniting the gas . this wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't for the second ,more serious problem - the gas is being held in the exhaust system in sufficient quantity to become exp losive .
if all the pipework that is causing this build-up was angled downward the gas would fall out by gravity . then the most you might get is a 'pop' as a small amount of gas ignited when lighting.
so have a look at the pipework ,and picture water running through it , because this is how the heavier than air LPG behaves . is there anywhere a puddle could form ?

i've been thinking about this story . first problem seems to be a delay in igniting the gas . this wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't for the second ,more serious problem - the gas is being held in the exhaust system in sufficient quantity to become exp losive .
if all the pipework that is causing this build-up was angled downward the gas would fall out by gravity . then the most you might get is a 'pop' as a small amount of gas ignited when lighting.
so have a look at the pipework ,and picture water running through it , because this is how the heavier than air LPG behaves . is there anywhere a puddle could form ?
Not sure how you are meaning, the exhaust goes up and out the side of the van with no downward sagging anywhere, as for the gas pipe, there is no where for gas to hold... What troubles me more than anything is that the heater gave no warnings via shutting down and displaying a code. They sell these as super safe. So something went a miss. If the gas pressure was wrong due to faulty regulator it should of thrown a code first. We will just have to see what the outcome is.. I have disconnected the gas in the van for safety as we are still living in it. Heater is working OK on the electric side and I have the diesel one if it to cold...

The pipework does run uphill on most Nigel. There is a fan that should prevent the gas lingering as it should blow the gas out of the exhaust. If the fan is not working, the boiler will not light and show a fault. It will also stop the gas valve from opening and allowing gas into the boiler. This is part of the safety circuit of all gas boilers basically.

The installation instructions allow any rise or fall up to a duct length of 1000mm but specify the duct must have a continuous rise for duct lengths of 1000mm to 2000 mm

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back