wilding

roifromnwales

I would like to be totally self sufficient.
I run;- a small 12 v tv B&W, mobile phones, fridge, radio

I would like to run;- a video or dvd [or both but i hope to be able to put everything on dvd or cd soon] a fridge freezer and a decent sound system and up grade to colour tv, rear view camera, laptop with gps [that should take care of the dvd and cd player too with a decent 12 v speaker system, a permanently connected and wired in mobile phone for security and tracking. a battery recharger [small aa and aaa type batts],
I would prefer to have my main and seond batteries recharged by the sun or wind power but still have a genny on board for emergencies.
I would also like a sog system for the loo and a hot water system that uses the sun or 12v power to heat it up [just for the shower-it is easy to boil a kettle for washing up once a day]
I have the radio on all day and the tv for soaps [for her] and about 3 hrs later on [for me after she's gone to sleep]
at present i have to use the engine [or the genny and batt charger] every 2-3 days to bring the batts up.
what would you have as an ideal set up for wilding?

Still following you Roi!

But we still go to the best sites

A freind of mine who new about "electrity" could transform it form those horrble
pylons wish we could lean to do it!!!

If money was no object:

I would have solar panels on the roof, I would get the largest capacity BP solar panels and would use a solar fox charging unit to run them. I would fit 4 optima yellow dry cell batteries instead of normal leisure batteries. The would then have a 4000w staged inverter to run main appliances.
I would run as much as possible on 12 volts.

As for gas i would fit LPG tanks for the heating and the fridge, that way you can top them up and the petrol station (much cheaper) when you stop to refuel.

I would get a clamshell sat system for high speed internet access, then use voice over ip for landline calls to keep the costs down. (althought sat interent is expensive).

hows that for a start?

I have started the hunt for a Duetto again, Me and Tes were looking on the net last night.

:D Hi roifromnwales. I would agree with everthing that admin says apart from the Sat Internet access. Far too expensive for we normal human beings. Choice of batteries are also debateable. My old Coachmen had 4 x 110ah Batteries and 270 watts of Solar Power. During a normal sunny day we could boil kettles all day long and have enough power left to watch Satellite TV all night long. The only time we stuggled for power was when the weather had been too bad for a few day's. We use a Mobile phone or Card connected to Computer or laptop for email acccess and the odd surf. ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back