Wildcamping in Lynton / Lynmouth ?

Biker Jeff

Hi guys
I'm gonna be there next saturday for the night, cos i'm meeting some friends who are walking the South West Coastal Path. So i'm hoping to wildcamp somewhere. I've been told i could possibly stay at the Valley of the Rocks car park. But i dont want to risk being moved on because i will very likely be having a few beers. I've not been to Lynton/Lynmouth for years and cant remember what its like or where the Valley of the rocks is. According to the tourist board website, sleeping in vehicles in all the carparks is prohibited.
Any suggestions from you seasoned wildcampers ??

All of North devon is becoming quite difficult. try getting an O.S. map of Exmoor and have look on that

Lynton

Stopped in the Valley of the Rocks last September and was warned that I could not stay overnight.
Pointed out that I was parked in front of a notice giving unlimited parking to Blue Badge holders, so obviously could remain as long as I liked.
The reaction was true officialdom, "this means you can stay as long as you like, but not all the time"

Going west towards Woody Bay from Valley of the Rocks is a possiblity. There is a Car Park near to the Tumuli at 51.21983N, 3.90521W. The road maybe Slattenslade Lane (according to Autoroute). The road is headinf towards Martinhoe and that's on the way to Hunter's Inn. The road was closed the last time I was down that way, caused by a landslide.

Well i'm not going to bother going tomoz, cos it looks like there is no way i'm gonna be able to wildcamp near to the town. Friends of mine are already down there, and they've been asking about parking for the night, and apparently there is no chance.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back