wild up porlock hill

saruman

hi has anybody wild camped up porlock hill there a car park area with stunning views of the bay i stopped to let the clutch cool down:rolleyes:
and let the mrs be sick! i got such ear ache for going up that hill last year while i was touring somerset and devon:) there was some converted buses up there who had stayed the night>

ray

Attachments

• 4444.JPG
    4444.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 108
Porlock Hill is an infamously steep hill on the A39 just west of Minehead in Somerset. The view from the top is down into Porlock Bay. I've never wilded it myself up there, but almost caught my brakes on fire, on an old Merc self build, when driving down it.
Stunning scenery along this stretch of coastline though. If you can wild it its deffo worth a visit.

I'm going camping up that way next month. We are going to the North Devon VW Club Final Fling at Woolacoombe. I might be tempted to go up a day eariler and give Porlock a try.

porlock hill

Sorry to say folks I think PORLOCK is a pussy cat, try the roads to Applecross & Glen Elg to name but two,ask Hillwalker or any one else who travells the highways & byways of GODS COUNTRY :D
Snowgoose.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back