wild site data

roifromnwales

I have a lot of the old data base on file in my comp and I've started replacing them.
please be aware that I have not visited all these places myself and can only put down what was originally put on the data list.
If any of you visit one of these places and it is not as described then please add your comments.

as always mate, you know how much I appreciate and support what you've done with this site.
I hope you will make the effort and come to my wedding so I can meet you and buy you a pint.
Actually
that goes for the other contributors to this site.
My main reason for the support is freedom. I believe it is my (and yours) right to live my life as I want and not be told what I can and can't do, PROVIDED what I do doesn't affect anyone else's life.
I don't include NOT filling camp site owners pockets as affecting someone else's life. I do use camp sites but not if they charge silly money and that to me means anything over a couple of quid a night up to £8 if they have plenty of facilities.
any land owned belongs to them but council/highways/common land/moor land and national parks, the land belongs to us and we should have the right to use it

First of all hello :)

Second...where is this list?

---
Steven

Tried to edit loads of blank space out. Don't know where it came from :)

the list is on my comp Roz. I copy and paste the places and finish up with a list which I then use to add pushpins to a template for 2001 autoroute. having been off line and without pc for so long I'm only just getting round to finishing the template. It will be available shortly.
the doc will relate to the pushpins but either can be used separately.
I'm also slowly putting the data back on the site. unfortunately I reckon I only have a 1/4 of the original sites posted.

Ah I see. I will stop searching the site then :)

Very sensible to log them. I have stayed at some wonderfull wild sites over the years but I dought if I could refind many of them.

When I get round to it I will post some I can remember.

---
Steven

and i will add them to the list and template. would you like a copy?

Yes thank you, I would appreciate that roi.

I've just spent 1/2 hr on OS map site looking for a couple of places I stopped in August. I couldn’t even find them. I will take notes from now on.

My van is not quite ready yet, and will be something of an unknown quantity when it finally is. So it may be a while before I venture very far. We do intend a winter trial or two locally soon. Dales will be quite easy but was also considering the Lake District. I have only visited Lakes during summer before. Even without all the summer crowds I think if may be a bit too populated for us though.

What do you think?
---
Steven

This is really for roifromnwales. I've been trying to put together POI sets in Excel for things like ALDI stores (I bought my laptop and GPS from them) but can't import all the data into the pushpin. Is Excel the best starting point? I am pretty familiar with databases etc.

I'd appreciate any advice.

I guess you're also familiar with /www.jollyinteresting.co.uk which has pushpin sets for club sites (I've just joined this website - was that sacreligious?)

no mate. i'm a member of the bedford cf site, sbmcc site as well as a few others. this site deals with wildcamping and that is something i believe in totally.
i ve said it before;
the councils and the highways and forrestry do not own the land. it belongs to us. they use the money we pay in tax to buyy this land so i do not see why we can not use it as long as we leave it clean tidy and un damaged.
i have a little dicta phone that always travels with me. when i see a likely place i just pick it up and press record. i put as much detail in there as i can and when i come home i just go to the map or pc and locate them using the info. maybe it is not 100% accurate but it will be with in a couple of miles and i can find it again. wait till i get the gps system. then i will be accurate.

hi,
We are motorhome virgins, starting out full time in the new year, selling up and going for it! I came across a site that maybe of some use. I can only speak for my locality, (scarborough),The sleep spots pointed out on the site are all kosha as far as the east coast is conserned. there is also a spot on the north yorkshire moors, "the hole of Hokum" which is a popular stopping place due to the spectacular views. and has a large, flat!, car park.

http://www.sleepingspots.co.uk/

just like to add, that i think this site is great for newbees like us, got loads of good advice, cheers!

[i've already nicked these :D and some are already posted along with 2 othe sites listing w s ] dont shout too loud :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back