Wikicamps - mozzie deterrant

Deleted member 207

On the weekend we decided to visit a bush camping site that was on the way to Bundaberg (Australia). Came via the Wikicamps App.
Arrived at the site and all went well, hosts happily showed us choice of parks, showers, swimming, etc.
Then I noticed a couple of rotund elderly gentlemen coming out of their tent wearing only hats and sunglasses.
"Ay up" says I, "Marriage equality didn't take long", then I noticed a group of happy campers all au natural sitting around a camp fire roasting their nuts - so to speak.
My partner then went back to the office just to check what was going on, and of course by then our host had dropped his sarong so little explanation was needed.
I'd also checked the Wikicamps App and lo and behold "clothing optional" and a host of comments alerting those that can read that this was a different "bush" site.
My partner is a school teacher so is just a bit wary of getting caught with her pants down in public, so kept her kit on. I on the other hand found the whole thing quite liberating as I'd not been nude in public since the 1980s - unless you count various cameraoscopys in hospital.
Now I'm pretty well tanned apart from the nether regions, which come Sundown must have lit up like a beacon to the mozzies in the area - as they proceeded to suck enough blood out of me to start a blood bank.
In the morning I was the veritable spotty youth of 50 years ago.
I got no sympathy from my partner "If you think I'm rubbing Stinggoz there, you have another think coming".
It was a long, sore drive back home, with a lot of sarcastic comments from the passenger seat.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back