why are motorhomes white?

monkeynut

Yup you guessed it "why are motorhomes white?"

I was In malham the other week and next to the main car park there was a large camper caravan meet , It looked like somone had dumped a load of fridge freezers/washing machines in a field
Just a thought ;)

Guess it's so they can catch us against the green trees in the forests when we wildcamp illegally.:D

billy1000 said:
Guess it's so they can catch us against the green trees in the forests when we wildcamp illegally.:D
Warning all white van should carry large camo nets lol

monkeynut said:
QUOTE]

Because if they were yellow you wouldn't be able to find them in a bowl of custard?

Voxy

monkeynut said:

I was In malham the other week and next to the main car park there was a large camper caravan meet , It looked like somone had dumped a load of fridge freezers/washing machines in a field
Just a thought ;)
i saw one a few weeks ago on the A1 that had good camouflage ;) it was transfered to look like a jungle with lions and other jungle animals on, and no i had not been drinking lol anyone else seen it

i think they are white so you can see the dirt...and keep them clean...:D

***** said:
Yes, I have seen that one somewhere.
But there are more vans now coming in various cab colours.
i am sane thank the lord for that lol, i only caught a glimpse of it but i bet it blends in off road:D

***** said:
I think that there is also a few company vans that are similar. (Transit Size)
this was a coachbuilt m/home not sure which manufacturer but it looked great:D

Also

I have seen one in France painted as a surfers van. Surfboards & lots of sea & sun!

rupert said:
I have seen one in France painted as a surfers van. Surfboards & lots of sea & sun!

I saw one like that in the aire at Biarritz at Christmas.

id love this vdub in this coulour as i am really into these & the colour pink....
22910135_2f60d8b798.jpg

Last edited:
walkers said:
i saw one a few weeks ago on the A1 that had good camouflage ;) it was transfered to look like a jungle with lions and other jungle animals on, and no i had not been drinking lol anyone else seen it

hi walkers.
if it had such good camouflage how come you could see it? :D :D :D

pappajohn said:
hi walkers.
if it had such good camouflage how come you could see it? :D :D :D
well it's not very often you see a jungle driving down the motorway :D

monkeynut said:

Just a thought ;)
Mine is white because i use it in the winter its hard to see in the snow and i dont need a paint job, what snow, LOL :p

white

to be honest most camper/motorhomes are white to reflect the heat away of the sun (when we get some ) years ago most windows and glass roofs in factorys were painted white as GREEN HOUSE in gardens are in summer.:eek: :eek: :eek:

walkers said:
well it's not very often you see a jungle driving down the motorway :D

but if you wild in a forest and walk to the pub how the hell do you find it again.:D :D :D :rolleyes:

pappajohn said:
but if you wild in a forest and walk to the pub how the hell do you find it again.:D :D :D :rolleyes:
now that could be part of the fun tee hee:D

pappajohn said:
millie my boxer could guide us!!!!
sniffer dog action..he he :D :D :D
mind you she'd prob take us to the local burger joint so there are flaws in my plan..:p

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back