white van drivers

72van

On a delivery, a white van driver will go down any width of road to deliver and just make people pull over or drive up on the pavement to get to where they want to go.......................would you do the same in your M/H....ie go down a country road or just stick to A road's ?????

72van said:
On a delivery, a white van driver will go down any width of road to deliver and just make people pull over or drive up on the pavement to get to where they want to go.......................would you do the same in your M/H....ie go down a country road or just stick to A road's ?????
tomtom takes you over fields never mind lanes ha ha ha :D :D :D
im happy to take my baby anywhere,as long as the road is in good condition,its fun when you meet someone elso down the lanes and have to reverse 10 miles....:D :D :D

sammclouis said:
tomtom takes you over fields never mind lanes ha ha ha :D :D :D
im happy to take my baby anywhere,as long as the road is in good condition,its fun when you meet someone elso down the lanes and have to reverse 10 miles....:D :D :D
Good stuff Samm.............................just knew thats the right way to drive.......with care but not with fear of scrapes and knocks to the M/H :eek:

i just close my eyes and hope for the best :D :D :D
no seriously though,i take great care...after all she is my baby....although i dont mind where i drive within reason,and let me tell you....no white van man will mess with this little princess behind the wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

***** said:
The thing is that White Van Man is not worried about the odd scratch or 2 or 3.
I am with my van & I try to look for overhanging tree branches & therefore I do not like very small lanes although I am more than capable of driving down them, but I usually prefer not to:eek: :eek:

Yea see where you coming from Graham.............is worth looking after you van............after all its taken me a long time to get the money for my M/H.

sammclouis said:
i just close my eyes and hope for the best :D :D :D
no seriously though,i take great care...after all she is my baby....although i dont mind where i drive within reason,and let me tell you....no white van man will mess with this little princess behind the wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

I bet they would'nt mess with you samm..........not if they want to get home in one piece :D :D :D :D

72van said:
I bet they would'nt mess with you samm..........not if they want to get home in one piece :D :D :D :D
my hubby would agree with you there:D ,i do take very good care of my baby though & yes its better to keep to the A roads when possible mate...but some of the best places iv been to are down the b roads & down some narrow lanes.when i was meeting up with graham over easter i put the destination into the tomtom & it took us down some narrow lanes,i noted all the passing places as i went past,just in case i had to turn around or reverse,but fortunately we had no probs & had a great easter....off to bed in a min,im whacked x x

To get to a lot of nice places we must take to the back roads single track ect.
some of them can be a bit scary as you dont know if a ned is going to fly round the corner,but if i can pullover i do or even back up a good bit to let a car past.but if the car see's me coming and does'nt pull in to the passing place ,like trying their luck i will take the full road and not ditch in the verge.
one nasty guy refused to back up so i said iam just going in the back to make my dinner then,he wheel spun his car back to the passing spot the silly pratt.

scooter said:
To get to a lot of nice places we must take to the back roads single track ect.
some of them can be a bit scary as you dont know if a ned is going to fly round the corner,but if i can pullover i do or even back up a good bit to let a car past.but if the car see's me coming and does'nt pull in to the passing place ,like trying their luck i will take the full road and not ditch in the verge.
one nasty guy refused to back up so i said iam just going in the back to make my dinner then,he wheel spun his car back to the passing spot the silly pratt.
like it....get the sausages on,he'll soon move ha ha ha :D

anywere

I take mine any were with in reason no sense in having a motor and being worried about using it.Use mine when i go fishing ,can always be cleaned or repaired.

take it anywhere

i always did take it anywhere 'till i went onto soft ground and got stuck for 5 hours. has anybody got any hand hints for escaping the boggy areas? is there a technique to driving out rather than the wheels just spinning and sinking deeper and deeper?

irenerobbie said:
i always did take it anywhere 'till i went onto soft ground and got stuck for 5 hours. has anybody got any hand hints for escaping the boggy areas? is there a technique to driving out rather than the wheels just spinning and sinking deeper and deeper?

We once got stuck and there was no sign of anyone at hand to rescue us so we used the length of carpet (runner) that we have covering the existing carpet in the motorhome, cut it in half down its length (approx 15foot) and layed it under the front wheels and it aided our escape. We now keep the carpet(s) stored handily under one of the seats in case of emergencys and have even tied a length of cord to the carpet(s) so it will be towed along after the vehicle has freed itself to save us getting muddy tootsies!

A handie wildcamping tip!

paulbishop

Nice one ,did you pick that tip up from ray mears survial programme.

muddy solutions

ta for that tip ray ,no sorry Paul. i'm just about to take a stanley knife to the lounge carpet. the day i got stuck i was beside the beach and carried up bags of sand to put in front of the wheels but only managed to9 create lots of small sand pits

Off the beaten track

If narrow country roads bother you stay away from places like the Isle of Lewis the roads are very narrow but have passing places at regular intervals.
The sheep are on a diet due to the lack of grass and birds are few and far between due to the lack of trees, other than that the scenery on the coast is quite spectacular.;) ;) ;)

Erm.....'cuse me for my practical thinking but aren't we white van drivers???

Unlike my trucking days I have to pay the maintenance on the m/h, but we still take ours wherever the road leads us, carefully!

Some of our best sleepy spots have been found by mistake down country lanes.

Voxy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back