Which Breakdown Services

mickymoor

Which Breakdown Services do'es everyone use ?,i've just got my quote from the RAC for personal cover / roadside / recovery it came out at £99.50 been in it 37 years but due to not working now i need to shop around.
regards
mickymoor

I have a 21' autosleeper legend and also tow a smart car on a trailer.

Last edited:
I have the AA through a "bolt on" deal with my bank account so very difficult to put a figure on it as so many other services are provided although getting breakdown bundled with other services seems to be the cheapest way.

oh btw the AA will recover anything upto 3500kg with a trailer, so they say but yet to try that out.

Green Flag, £80 ish, includes a 6.23mtr Motorhome and 2 cars, recovery. You can request an online quote.

Happy Camping:)

We just joined ADAC - the German AA. Full EU cover for 365days for about £70.

green flag is the one for motorhomes ? brought me home from down south ?? after joining 3 hours earlyer ???? cost me not a penny for recovery thanks keith:D

i'm with green flag, joined the day before i went up scotland, broke down, brought me back all lthe way from inverness and refunded me £10 cos i had to wait more that 20 mins, cost £80 ish, recovery driver was ace, he stopped so many times to let the dogs out we have kept in touch and he's now my bezzy mate, good old green flag

I should have said I doubt I would choose the AA if it wasn't included in the deal from the bank,

2 of the times I have used them,

"relay" is the most irritating thing ever, I was heading home(Dundee) late one sunday night when wheel bearing on the car collapsed at J36 on the M6, they turned up promptly and 1st leg of the journey to gretna went without problem, was then dropped in the carpark at gretna services at 1am and was told the next recovery vehicle for the next leg wouldn't attend until at least 6am due to my remote location!! at the side of the main trunk road into scotland where they took me! not happy.

another was they were clearly told the fuel pump had failed so car needed recovered but towing a trailer, 2 hours later guy in a transit turns up says "oh you've got a trailer".... waited another 1 1/2 for flatbed which could take both.

I'm with Frizzell. I pay about £80 which covers both of us for driving ANY privately-owned vehicle including car, van or camper. I've used the service twice in about 15 years and found it superb.

I just got quoted by Saga (I'm over 50) £71 for UK (Assistance) and £104 for Europe (Assistance Plus) for my '91 Rockwood 6.2l V8, 7 metres long, no questions about annual mileage etc.
Previously, Green Flag telesales had kittens when I said nearly 7 tonnes in weight, they are max 3500kg, 7m long, 3m high and 2.2m wide.
Saga recovery is operated by AA, who won't extend my current car cover because of the size. Work that one out.

We have ALPS who iv'e been told use europe assist came with our insurance from Frank pickles £266 recovery was 65 had to call them last year when in France as battery terminal/buzz bar became loose and i didnt have a socket to fit out of my 20 odd sockets lol. i call them and chap turned up in about 30 mins fixed my nuts and had a beer he couldnt speak a word of english but was very pleasant anyway.

Gerry

i'm with rac and green flag - joined one then got the other thrown in with the van insurance:rolleyes:
i use them alternatly, quite often as i've an old van, and can't place one above the other for quality of service... both have been fantastic, though the rac are quicker at breaking into my van when i've locked the keys in:eek:

out of the two i''d go with the cheapest as both have been superb for me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back