What's wrong with Sussex!?!

Nosha

I ask the above question having just spent a week travelling from Portsmouth to Dover.

You'll know when you're in Sussex... EVERY carpark you come to will have either a 6ft height barrier, or a "NO overnight camping or parking" sign - or BOTH!!

Even the little pay & display carpark behind the Ship Inn at Itchenor now has a sign saying no overnight camping, motorhomes you WILL be fined £50 if you sleep in your vehicle! Needless to say the Ship missed out on 4 drinks and 2 meals!!!

Can anyone tell me the difference between and empty m/h with a ticket, and one with an adult asleep inside????

Once you get to Kent there's carparks and people sleeping along the sea front with NO problems caused.

Nosha said:
Can anyone tell me the difference between and empty m/h with a ticket, and one with an adult asleep inside????
the one with an adult asleep inside has a funny noise coming out of it zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well they didn't get our money this time, shame really as they did great food at the Ship.
And that wasn't me snoring... it's just my bum reverberates a bit in a tin box, I think you heard the windows rattling!!

We had to admit defeat and stop on a very nice campsite sware sware in West Wittering whilst on Selsey... still you can't win 'em all!

thats why i prefer laybies you dont have to pay (ok im a cheepskate) they wont move you on and if you pick them right you get a decent nights kipp 2000 lorry drivers carnt be wrong ive spent many a night in laybies up and down the country also i think you are safer parked amongst hgvs than on some car parks

Mandrake
Layby's are ok as long as you dont get a wagon with a fridge unit park behind you.

I am suprised :eek: as there are a number of places @ Brighton, Eastbourne and Bexhill that come to mind. give Hastings a miss then you could go slightly inland on A21 or carry onto Camber, mind you thats Kent.

Don

Biker Jeff said:
Mandrake
Layby's are ok as long as you dont get a wagon with a fridge unit park behind you.
you do have a point there

what is wrong with sussex

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SUSSEX?????? The answer is simple it is SOUTH of CREW,I made the mistake of going south X west this year 4 month from Wales to Cornwall then back up to Bodmin I found a few nice places to stay but not as many as HOSTILE towns,not only no overnights but no campers or caravans or comercial vans [stealth camper beware],& to top it of even carparks were you could get in no free parking fer disabled.95% of the coastal parking is run or owned by the B****Y N/T again no parking.
So to go back to the question "What is wrong with Sussex" everything.
I'm back to SCOTLAND from now on were sense seems to prevail,we like your money & you can stay here if you wish.Would like a smiley SALTERE but do'nt know how.
snowgoose.

will realy have to come to bonny scotland for a visit or two you have the right idea and a fantastic place

Wildcamp Sites

I reckon its the same all over, as has been said, most of the town councils don't want travelling people on any property in their durasdiction so are they gonna discourage wildcampers in the long run?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back