What u up 2 this weekend?

lenny

Anyone wilding anywhere nice this weekend?? I,m off prospecting for Gold:eek: in them thar hills:eek::p, location to be kept secret for the moment:rolleyes:. however should I return with a sack full of gold nuggets,I may let you all in on my secret location (A small fee will be required):p of course.

Well, we dont want to start a goldrush, do we:rolleyes::cool:

PS. I know you must all be thinking.... He,s lost his marbles:eek:, but you must admit, It ,s better than Xmas shopping;):cool:

Gonna try a weekend at wildcamping in Northumberland, try to see if we can find a safe spot, really only ever used CC sites in the past when we were tuggers, should be intresting to see where we end up. The gold rush sounds good,

I still go out in winter same as you Lenny last week was at Southport on the Pleasurland car park it was cold ,blowy and wet but still enjoyed it and the van was warm as toast and will be out a few more times before i get that ferry at chrismas
Rob

Looks like i will be stuck at home discovers let me down with a gas door lock what they broke whilst motor home was yes in for a repair but got it back with a broken gas locker lock . So cant, use it been waiting three weeks now they told me it will be another week yet .

Looks like i will be stuck at home discovers let me down with a gas door lock what they broke whilst motor home was yes in for a repair but got it back with a broken gas locker lock . So cant, use it been waiting three weeks now they told me it will be another week yet .

r.a. get in touch with the manufacturer to check it is on order, dicover leisure are a bit wobbly at the moment, no ads in this months mags, so just make sure.

Anyone wilding anywhere nice this weekend?? I,m off prospecting for Gold in them thar hills, location to be kept secret for the moment:rolleyes:. however should I return with a sack full of gold nuggets,I may let you all in on my secret location (A small fee will be required)of course.

Well, we dont want to start a goldrush, do we:rolleyes:

PS. I know you must all be thinking.... He,s lost his marbles:eek:, but you must admit, It ,s better than Xmas shopping;):cool:

Back home safe and sound after an interesting weekend in the company of Wee_z (Tony and Wilma);), no gold nuggets to show off:( as the weekend didnt exactly go to plan:rolleyes: mainly down to the Siberian weather conditions, nevertheless we had a great weekend and survived the conditions,even though we stayed at the rear of an Esso service station:eek: in the village of Sanquhar.

More to follow with pics:)

More to follow with pics

Here are some pics of our weekend

Parked up at Ae forest
29112008030.jpg

1 hour later and 25 miles away at the entrance to my Goldmine:eek::rolleyes:
29112008035.jpg

Jack pulling the van up the pass:eek::D
29112008037.jpg

Sanquhar castle in the morning.
30112008039.jpg

This is me on Weez,s tail on our way to Dumfries.
30112008041.jpg

Parked up at Dumfries
30112008043.jpg

Anyone wilding anywhere nice this weekend??

Yes... well I thought it was anyway - uphill from Betws-y-coed.

betws28_11_08.jpg

Not the ideal time for the Carver to die but brisk country walks and warming spirits made up up for it. Three (short) days of sunshine in November can't be bad.

betsy-coed

Nice atmospheric shot up in the clouds?

Was the Carver faulty or were you on butane that froze up?

A bit cool for Kayaking I thought.

Glad you enjoyed the walks and spirits:)

weez
Tony

gold hunt

Lenny
Thanks for posting photos, Rex says he would have helped Jack with the van
but the arthritis was playing up.:D

The Wanlockhead road was fascinating but the Leadhills mining museum was closed up for winter.
The road through the pass was a bit slippy, however we met the gritter lorry at the top of the hill. As he had done the other side of the pass it was OK going downhill. Some interesting bends and nice drops if you got it wrong.
Some nice parking spots in the valley but looked very wet and greasy so did not try parking up.
Met up with Lenny at Mendick Junction and decided to go onto Sanquhar to find a Pub and parking. Enjoyable!
After a night of -8 and the gas running out we took a walk round the Castle then deciding to nip down to Dumfries. Heading back to Tayside it was about 40 miles of fog and the heaviest traffic I have seen up here for a while.
Lots of places were free for St Andrews Day and the canny Scots were out in force:D:D
Could not empty Tanks when we got home as every thing had frozen solid,
I'll try again today.

weez
Tony/Wilma

Sounds like a great weekend even if not all went to plan. Guess the nuggests will have to wait for warmer weather then?:)

Still hunting down contacts for Ae: no reply this morning - will keep you posted.

Sorry I couldn't make it Tony and Lenny.
I knew where you were going, but unfortunately, Grandparenting raised its head and I was called upon to carry out some duties.
Maybe next time.

Sounds like a great weekend even if not all went to plan. Guess the nuggests will have to wait for warmer weather then?:)

Still hunting down contacts for Ae: no reply this morning - will keep you posted.

Thanks for that:), you were right about the roads to Ae and beyond not being gritted so I stopped at the forest entrance and walked in;) Naze carpark looks promising:rolleyes:, also decided not to risk the drive on to Loch Ettrick, maybe next time.
Decided to use what daylight that was left to find alternative sleepyspot to suit the wintry conditions ,should our origional plan fail, looked at a roadside picnic spot with toilet, a Caravan club CL on a farm, but settled for the garage on the edge of Sanquhar (Cost £5) but well worth the peace of mind
BTW Is this the farm you were looking for?
29112008031.jpg

Thanks again..Lenny

What u up 2 this weekend

Looks like you had an interesting weekend much like me drove up to Caerlaverock in heavy rain used the satnav which i don't usually if i have been somewhere before and was sent the wrong way down what could be best described as a farm track,tried to reverse to a side road and hit a grass bank at the roadside snapping the rear bumper.Woke up Sunday -7 overnight gas had frozen(yes i know should have changed to propane):mad:Anyway in work Sunday night so headed back home before 11 in the morning so not a great success,lessons learnt i think:eek::(Andy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back