What price to ask for Motorhome ?

Jtrendell

Free Member
I have a 2007 fully professionally converted Ducato LWB Motorhome. Unfortunately the company who converted it is no longer in business. It’s only covered 80k and in great condition. I am considering selling it privately and can’t figure out what to ask for it ? Any suggestions where I could get an idea ?

:D First thing is to get the terminology correct.
Using the wrong terminology will mean that genuine prospects for your vehicle will not look at it,
and those after something different will check it but then discard it.

"fully professionally converted" usually applies to converted panel vans (PVC = panel van conversion), also called camper vans.
"motorhome" usually applies to a vehicle built onto a chassis or chassis cab and sold from new as an integrated entity. Those built onto a chassis cab are called "coach built", those built onto a chassis are called "A class".

Second thing is that with a 17 year old vehicle the manufacturer is to a large extent irrelevant.
A well known name e,g. Elddis will get a better price than a van built by one man and his dog in a shed.

Some things you could do to find out the value of yours
1) Look at the price of vans with the same
a) type (i.e. camper vans / A class/ Coach built)
b) age and condition
c) size
d) known/unknown manufacturer
2) Take it to a dealer and ask what the would give you in cash / part ex
3) Get a quote from one of the many "we buy your caravan" companies

A 17 year old van could attract a new comer into an impulse buy, stick a card in the vehicle window.

Join as a full member and advertise it on here.
Our members will be brutally honest if you set the price too high and someone will snatch your arm off if it is too low.

Last edited:
I have a 2007 fully professionally converted Ducato LWB Motorhome. Unfortunately the company who converted it is no longer in business. It’s only covered 80k and in great condition. I am considering selling it privately and can’t figure out what to ask for it ? Any suggestions where I could get an idea ?
Without pictures we are in the dark, you'll need to subscribe for that I think, but we're worth it.

Back