wet compass drifter 310

hilly2go

Hi there,
After driving through all the rain today i've noticed a wet patch in the carpet
behind and between the driver & passenger seats. It seems to be coming from under the carpet. Just in front of this area there's rubbery area which is soft underfoot, which i thought might be an inspection cover of some sort. unfortunately it looks like taking out a least one of the seats to get a good look at it. Any ideas please.

Thanks again.

Hilly

you dont say what chassis it is built on or date of reg could be anything from a leaking inspection panel to rot in the floor pan

wet compass details

the compass is 'S' reg on a Peugeot boxer chassis. Sorry still trying to get
the hang of this.cheers.

First of all ,dont panic:eek:,more details required on the base vehicle, It,s unlikely to take in water at the floor between the seats, more likely around the wheel arches. If its a Fiat Ducato/Talbot Express type, Its more likely to be leaking from under the windscreen above the wheel arch.

BTW Is there a skylight above the wet area?

thats ok i have to ask questions on how to use things on the site still. so s reg should rule out rot lets hope, i guess the only real way to find the leak is to strip out the carpet, drive in the rain for a day or two to see where the leak is coming from. most times the source of the leak is away from your damp spot on the carpet, as water always collects at the lowest point. i am having a water leak prob with my roof round the roof rack area , so the only way to cure it properly is to strip out the roof lining undo all the nuts and bolts remake new rubber gaskets and then replace roof lining :eek::eek::eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back