WAVE2

alcam

Didn't want to ask this on recent thread re dogs in vans .
Someone mentioned WAVE 2 aircon . Just wondered if anyone had one and what were their thoughts ?
Love going to Spain but recent years , well off season [oct/nov] , seems to be hotter .
All relevant suggestions welcome .
even those starting with 'why don't you go...'

Power hungry and not very good unless you have a small van. Think most of the success has come off the back of YouTube influencers rather than users

I have watched some YouTube vids on Bob Well USA channel where some have fitted the split unit mains voltage ac units. I have a friend that has done the same on his 4x4 Sprinter here in the U.K. as well although he has a full lwb sprinter roof full of tilting panels and a huge bank of lifepo4.

Of course these aren’t solutions you can move in and out the van easily but do work properly and are much cheaper if it’s the sort of thing you can do.

I have watched some YouTube vids on Bob Well USA channel where some have fitted the split unit mains voltage ac units. I have a friend that has done the same on his 4x4 Sprinter here in the U.K. as well although he has a full lwb sprinter roof full of tilting panels and a huge bank of lifepo4.

Of course these aren’t solutions you can move in and out the van easily but do work properly and are much cheaper if it’s the sort of thing you can do.
Yea , I've got a 6m pvc .
The size of the wave2 makes it attractive. It would have to work though !

Yea , I've got a 6m pvc .
The size of the wave2 makes it attractive. It would have to work though !
@mistericeman may be the best person I know on here to advise? I know he does heating/ventilation/aircon stuff and it will all be down to the BTU (is it still called that when cooling) output and the size of your van interior. The ones I have seen using the Wave have been motorhomes where it didn't look very effective at all.

@mistericeman may be the best person I know on here to advise? I know he does heating/ventilation/aircon stuff and it will all be down to the BTU (is it still called that when cooling) output and the size of your van interior. The ones I have seen using the Wave have been motorhomes where it didn't look very effective at all.

5100btu is equal to around 1.5 kw

I'd say your average bedroom normal windows with 2 folks would need around a 3.5kw unit ....

And it's what I have in my bedroom which is a terrace but south facing ....so gets full sun all day long ....

And it's fine ....wouldn't want any less though .

Would I buy a wave 2 for a motorhome .....

Personally .....

NOT without trying it in a warm spell AND being very happy with it

I 'Think' it would struggle capacity wise in a small motorhome in a warm day .

My 7.4 metre A class was too much for an 1300watt output aircon. I replaced it with a 2200 watt one, which is powerful enough.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back