Watts=Amps

snowgoose

:D Hello kind folk Dumbo here again, I have just decided to join the 21st centuary,I have just purchased an 8.4inch telly with freeveiw [walking days r fast dissapearing] My query is this according to the spec it works on 240v & 12v & states it is 14watt,can some one tell me what this might mean amp wise please, also read a lot here about colour telvisions needing either an inverter or voltage regulator,are they a nescessity.Do'nt wish to beggar thing up fer what it cost.:eek:
Thank's Snowgoose.

watts=amps

:D thank's fer the answer Phill, will put that in memory bank for future reference.
Steuart.

Watts, Amps and Inverters

Inverters are meant to increase your power usage. Example: If you have a household TV running on 230 volts, your leisure battery is no good. Hence the choice of either (1) A 230 mains supply (2) A generator (3) An Inverter. Clip crocodile clips from Inverter to battery, then plug in your TV into the Inverter which has a built in 3 pin socket. The Inverter transfoms your 12v current from the battery to 230v, which enables to power your TV.

snowgoose said:
:D Hello kind folk Dumbo here again, I have just decided to join the 21st centuary,I have just purchased an 8.4inch telly with freeveiw [walking days r fast dissapearing] My query is this according to the spec it works on 240v & 12v & states it is 14watt,can some one tell me what this might mean amp wise please, also read a lot here about colour telvisions needing either an inverter or voltage regulator,are they a nescessity.Do'nt wish to beggar thing up fer what it cost.:eek:
Thank's Snowgoose.
Hi Snowgoose,
I have a 8inch telly with freeview it is 10watts and 12volt the make is Nikkai hope this will help you.

snowgoose said:
Thank's Snowgoose.

Just back from France and most of there sites are 10 amp or less so 230x10=2300 watts.Which ment that my electric kettle would use 2000watts
not much power left:( :( .

So add up watts and u wont blow there trip:)

You will find enything with a element in will use the juice hope this helps:D

You'll only need a regulator if you try running the engine with the TV on as it may? not like up to 14.2volts!

But if you remember to switch off before starting the engine it's not a problem. We run a 15" LCD TV with built in DVD and now an ASDA 12v Freeview box all on the leisure battery with NO problems! (TV takes 4 amps, Freeview box 0.5amp if that helps).

If in doubt try it whilst it's still under warrenty... then if it goes pop you can take it back... naughty I know, but it worked with a pocket TV from Argos!

Tip: Always take things back on a Saturday, A) It's busy and they don't want disgruntled people shouting the odds in the shop, B) It's often run by 'kids' who don't give stuff as long as you've got the receipt!

So if you have a 120 amp hr battery and draw a constant 4 amps in theory it should last 30 hrs from fully charged and peak condition but myself i would only run constantly for about half that time, in the real world batterys are never as good as they would have you believe .there is nothing worse than running out of power.I got two brand new exide batterys and have a solar panel.last week i run out of power well short of the manufacturers stats mind you ther was'nt much sunshine.

Scooter Calc's

You're about right on the 30hrs, less as you say the fact that we never seem to get what we pay for! However after 30hrs I would think although it was still supplying current I doubt very much if it would be supplying anythink like 12v, so your TV would probably 'die' after more like 20hrs - but at 4hrs a night that's still 5 nights without starting the engine!!

Not sure of the capacity of our leisure battery (physically larger than the engine bat') and we've managed 3 nights using everything and the control panel was still showing 60% left!! - Hope that helps a bit!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back