Water not flowing

lynette

Free Member
Water doesn't flow properly when motorhome not on electric hook up keeps spurting and pump very noisy.
Also grey water not coming out of valve when turned to open

Water doesn't flow properly when motorhome not on electric hook up keeps spurting and pump very noisy.
Welcome to WC
Your first question makes me think you may have a battery problem the second if theres water in there and its not leaking slowly from some must be a blockage you could try powering some water back thru the out let with you hose turned on

I had that problem with the grey water when we picked up our Motorhome. Following advice from the helpful members on here, I put some bottles of cola down the sink and drove around some bumpy roads for a while, and then put a hose up the grey waste pipe and carefully increased the water pressure while opening and closing the valve and that cleared it for me. I haven’t had any problems since.

The water pump works from the leisure battery and not EHU. Howver when you are on EHU the battery is connected to the charger and so tends to be at a good voltage. Sounds like your battery isn't well charged and is poosibly on its way to the great battery store in the sky. a) Check the fluid level in your leisure battery; b) Get tthe battery checked.

At least five possibilities
a) There isn't any grey water in there. Manually check (not using waste level indicator) Could be option "b"
b) You have had the valve open all the time and the waste has drained. You are closing the valve when you think you are opening it (been there got the T shirt)
c) MoHo isn't parked level. and drain is above waste level
d) Leak in waste tank or pipework. Fill waste tank and check underneath the MoHo
e) Waste pipework is clogged. Buy 6 litres of cheap own brand coke; Close the drain valve; Pour 2 litres down each sink and the shower; Drive for at least an hour; Open the drain valve.

Welcome to WC
Your first question makes me think you may have a battery problem the second if theres water in there and its not leaking slowly from some must be a blockage you could try powering some water back thru the out let with you hose turned on
I have tried to get leisure battery out to check it but my god whoever fitted it has done a job that makes it impossible to remove it without removing drivers seat absolute mental

The water pump works from the leisure battery and not EHU. Howver when you are on EHU the battery is connected to the charger and so tends to be at a good voltage. Sounds like your battery isn't well charged and is poosibly on its way to the great battery store in the sky. a) Check the fluid level in your leisure battery; b) Get tthe battery checked.

a) There isn't any grey water in there. Manually check (not using waste level indicator) Could be option "b"
b) You have had the valve open all the time and the waste has drained. You are closing the valve when you think you are opening it (been there got the T shirt)
d) Leak in waste tank or pipework. Fill waste tank and check underneath the MoHo
e) Waste pipework is clogged. Buy 6 litres of cheap own brand coke; Close the drain valve; Pour 2 litres down each sink and the shower; Drive for at least an hour; Open the drain valve.
I will try all ur suggestions thanks however the leisure battery is an absolute nightmare its under the driver seat and unless I take seat off there is no mission geting it out hopefully it is just battery problem.. as this is only 2nd time using it and it's so frustrating especially when it's hooked up it runs fine

So I've tried a few things and now the pump won't even turn off when taps are shut I'm praying it isn't the pump and its also making a splurting noise I'm absolutely hoping I haven't bought a flipping headache

So I've tried a few things and now the pump won't even turn off when taps are shut I'm praying it isn't the pump and its also making a splurting noise I'm absolutely hoping I haven't bought a flipping headache
Now I’m the most useless mechanic on here, but, don’t worry about the ‘splurting’ it’s probably the system filling up,it will go off,did you bleed the system to start with?

If there is not a water accumulator between the pump and the outlet water can come out in spurts. But the fact that it is ok on hook up suggests that there is a problem on the 12 volt side, possibly a bad connection to the pump, or a battery problem. Does every thing else on 12 volt side work all right?

I will try all ur suggestions thanks however the leisure battery is an absolute nightmare its under the driver seat and unless I take seat off there is no mission geting it out hopefully it is just battery problem.. as this is only 2nd time using it and it's so frustrating especially when it's hooked up it runs fine

You can check the battery voltage by using a voltmeter at any 12v device (e.g. light or 12v socket). Alternatively try a battery supplier (e.g. Halfords). the often offer free testing and fitting. Give the problem to someonelse.

Back