Water ingress in side locker???

beejay

Hi. Is it possible that heat from the exhaust pipe running 1" below the side locker, would/could cause condensation inside it. I noticed water in the front section of the locker & condensation type droplets from halfway down on the inboard wall section immediately above the exhaust pipe. There was no dampness anywhere along the inside top, nor partway down the other walls. As there are no leaks coming into the locker from above, everywhere else is dry, & the seal is okay, nor holes in the base to allow road splash ingress, it's the only conclusion I can come to. If it's the case I'll make a baffle to cover that section of the ex.pipe. Any ideas, though the more I think of it, the more I'm sure it is condensation.

Hmmmm. Forget all that, I've found the problem. A small un-finished seal that isn't obvious until a lamp is placed inside the locker & then viewed from underneath. Tried to cancel this post, but even though the box says "Edit/cancel" I can only edit.

Thanks

BeeJay

Last edited:
beejay said:
Hi. Is it possible that heat from the exhaust pipe running 1" below the side locker, would/could cause condensation inside it. I noticed water in the front section of the locker & condensation type droplets from halfway down on the inboard wall section immediately above the exhaust pipe. There was no dampness anywhere along the inside top, nor partway down the other walls. As there are no leaks coming into the locker from above, everywhere else is dry, & the seal is okay, nor holes in the base to allow road splash ingress, it's the only conclusion I can come to. If it's the case I'll make a baffle to cover that section of the ex.pipe. Any ideas, though the more I think of it, the more I'm sure it is condensation.

Hmmmm. Forget all that, I've found the problem. A small un-finished seal that isn't obvious until a lamp is placed inside the locker & then viewed from underneath. Tried to cancel this post, but even though the box says "Edit/cancel" I can only edit
Thanks
BeeJay
Sounds like condensation wonder if some insulation would help.

Thanks for your suggestion Trevor, but I'd edited my post explaining the solution to the problem.

Cheers

BeeJay

beejay said:
Thanks for your suggestion Trevor, but I'd edited my post explaining the solution to the problem.

Cheers

BeeJay
Sorry mate did not see your edit but glad you sorted it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back