water heater prob

toolbox

can any one help me sort my heater problen.just got my first motorhome fiat ducato autotrail,been playing with all the new toys but when tried to get the hot water on water seems to be comeing from the cover on the outside of van as well as the hot tap.any help would great thanks tony.(toolbox)

Andy beat me to it,if it's not the bung ,remove to outside cover with the boiler turned on and trace the leak,could be a loose jubilee clip, very unlikely to be the boiler leaking. Good luck.

can any one help me sort my heater problen.just got my first motorhome fiat ducato autotrail,been playing with all the new toys but when tried to get the hot water on water seems to be comeing from the cover on the outside of van as well as the hot tap.any help would great thanks tony.(toolbox)
it may be the bung as others have said no doubtit was opened to winterize the boiler and hasn't been done up or the seal may have perished

The carver 2 has a fusible (perishable at freezing point, it blows like a fuse) plug, it is designed to breakdown if the water freezes thus relieving the pressure and saving burst pipes or worse.... see item 14 on drawing below they cost a few quid from caravan shops always handy to carry a spare, although you can jury rig a temporary fix by blocking the drain hole (but remember next cold snap could destroy your hot water system, so replace asp)

Cascademk2.jpg

The other probable cause is that item 5 as been opened to drain down for winter.

thanks george will have a look at plug when i get a chance,are they stocked at most caravan shops or do you need to order them.thanks again tony (toolbox)

Hi I had a similar problem with my cascade last week the water leaking from outside cover on investigation I found the fusable plug had blown under extreme heat replaced the plug at a cost of £5.25 problem sorted.

Kevin

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back