WANTED under £1000 please or near enough !

barnybg

Hi,I'm after a camper for me Mrs for under £1000,the smaller the better but all considered,if you or you know for one,perhaps needing attention,or even needing mot,prefer something that has one and is good but....then let us now.
At the moment she will be in S.Wales for a few months visiting friends and family,so needs transport,depending on condition or wether it can be fixed and at the right price !
Anywhere will be considered as a lift or train can be taken to view and pick up vehicle.
Thanks Barny

Anything ?

Thanks Julie,I have been using EBAY for many years now,and as it's a auction/bidding site,what you see or bid on,you dont actually win ,unless very lucky.
I thought it easier maybe to ask on here if anyone had one,(not used for a while )sitting neglegted or wanting to sell the ' normal ' way,where cash changes hands,instead of 'numpties ' bidding and not turning up,thus wasting time,money and other bidders buys...as i have not had any offers or sellers,i guess i may be hoping for something too cheap ???as sometimes when you see a 'van /camper' it is way to overpriced and really should be ....squashed ..lol ,sothe £1000 offered is not up to some's expectations,at the end of the day,if something has NO MOT,then it is scrap,not roadworthy as a vehicle,and scrap value (as i have been a scrappy is like £100 )
Some of these VW vans,are crazy prices for rust buckets,the kids have gonenuts with them and shoved the prices high,by the time you buy a 'shed' and refit,panel,weld,fixand restore your meagre £500 to a £1000 budget has developed into £5000 plus...some say ohyes you'llget your money back,mmmm is that right.
The little Bedford bambi types too,are starting tofetch 'wild figures' for what they are,a coupleof years ago,you couldn't give them away,some are fetching £4000 !!!!lol,sorry ok for a night outor for fishing but for serious motorhoming,travelling abroad ?in a Bambi,either very braveor plenty of time on your hands....anyhow i'm rattling on,perhaps ' someone' will add to this post or indeed know of a vehicle for the Mrs...and yes a Bambi would do,for her ;)

I don't think in this day & age £1000 is a realistic figure, I don't think you'll get a 'dry' caravan for that, let alone a motorhome!!!!!!!!!!!

But please prove me wrong!!

Wanted

I purchased a stunning ' caravan ' last year for £400 !!! 1990 2 berth,no leaks or damp,toilet and shower,plus full kitchen with oven,and the 'posher ' wood inside not the older 80's stuff,towed it all the way to Bulgaria (1800 miles ) without a problem,been parked in garden ever since with extreme weather from 38 c to - 15c and still no probs.
As for camper vans/motorhomes,before leaving for Bulgaria for instance nearly 4 years ago,i had an older 1990 ford diesel coachbuilt,the mot had just ran out,i had no time to mess about,soit went for ...scrap,also asmall bus,semi converted,i also sold acaravan ihad been living in,in the time ihad sold my propertiesbefore leaving UK,and put it in the paper,luckily it came out,the day before we were leaving,it was a 5 berth 1990,with slight damp problem near door,someone had a bargain at......£370 !!!! better to have that than leave it behind...there are bargains about ,also projects people either cant do,or cant afford for ' proffesionals ' to do,or just haven't the time...
I know 'others' wouldn't dream of second hand or buying 'anything' under £10,000....even,there are some (like my parents use todo) is buy a vehicle brand new of the forecourt,use it for 2 years and then put it back into the same garage for another 'new' vehicle,the amount of money that was lost and thrown away.....now they are bargains too..

I'd probably agree with Nosha, £1000 is not realistic now.

OK you might get someone selling one for that price or less if you get really lucky, but they probably don't realise what it's worth.

Consider a decent 3 way fridge costs new £600+ now, or a Truma air and water heater £1000+ ...The second hand value of a few accessories could well be more than £1000 let alone the vehicle and all the rest of the stuff.

Maybe £2000-3000 or so in 2011 would be a figure to get something reasonable that's not being "given away" below market value.

I'm welcome to be proved wrong though and hope you get lucky :D

Bargains ?

So your saying i was ' stupid ' selling the 'bargains ' i gave away or scrapped myself,i must have been...who buys £600 + fridges ?????? and £1000 water heaters,i must be from a different World/planet,oh i forgot i am,i'm Welsh..... Christ i can buy a 3 bedroom semi for £35,000....back in Wales,put that into perspective when you trundle about in your £70,000 motorhome thats used several times a year for a hundred mile journey (generalizing of course ?)
As for Bulgaria £20,000 will get you the same with an acre ofland and all the sunshine you could want....soyesi am looking for the ...' bargains ' IF there's any about,i guess you gotta know where to look,and i suppose what one is used too....:)

Still looking?

If your still looking, I have bought a new demountable, so my old one is available for a small price, if you can get hold of a pick-up truck, any kind, its quite easy to adapt, a Tandy Pony. Gargle for pics, wiltshire.eu.com has a picture of it. I can send pics if you have an interest, but I dont have an upload facility.
K33F

Scotland...the brave.

Thank you Keeflester,but are you in ...Scotland ? If so,i know i (sorry she ) is being a little ' picky ' but Scotland,is a bit beyond her willing to travelness for a camper/demountable.
Tiz different to drive back to Bulgaria (1800 miles/ 4 days ) in a vehicle thats tried and tested etc,and a must,as no otherway of getting here,but for her to driveto Scotland on a buying spree,that might be ! again thanks for the offer...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back