Vielha Tunnel

janeandbob

Hi does anyone know anything about the Vielha Tunnel or has been through it, I found this on another site:

Yes the new Vielha tunnel is open - I have just come back that way. The tunnel is excellent, wide, straight and very well lit though we had heavy snow both ends the day we came through! The route is much quieter and shorter than going via Perpignan or Biarritz and their are no tolls! .

Many Thanks Bob.:D

When we came through it in August 07 there was a new tunnel being constructed which is what I suspect the posting is referring to.

There was no charge and don't think there will be on the new tunnel

There is a good wild camping spot near the south end.

Hi its when we go to Portugal in January we were going via Bordeaux and thought on the way back from northern Spain going to Andorra but it looks like the road to Andorra you turn off before the tunnel:eek:I cant see where the tunnel ends:( if we have time I would like to drop down to Barcelona as the last time we went I had a cracked rib and could not enjoy it as much as I would have liked. It all depends on the weather, if the sun shines in Portugal nothing will get down, only BBQ drink and a good book:D I dont know about you but it drives me mad keep going the same way.We dont use Auto Routes but even the N roads get to me after a while and we end up on cart tracks:D:D:D Bob.

How much can you sqeeze into 40 days, I dont know but how ever long you go for its not long enough.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back