Victron smart shunt spat out dummy

1 Cup

My state of charge just reset itself to - - so I put it to 100% SOC Friday 3pm.
Is it silly month = updates or why ? . has been good upto now 3 years fridge on all the time = 30AMPS PER DAY so yesterday alarm going for low voltage ! VOLTAGE 12.45 RESET FRIDGE AND THEN PUT SOC TO 50% FROM 100%.AT 5 PM
SUNS out I'll go look in an hour

Just lowered it to 90%
20230723_105927.jpg
20230723_110008.jpg
20230723_110045.jpg
20230723_105927.jpg
20230723_110116.jpg

If I have ever disconnected mine I set it to zero then put on charge for 24 hours when I can before resetting to 100%. There has been an update though that allows it to keep its SoC in the event of power loss.

If I have ever disconnected mine I set it to zero then put on charge for 24 hours when I can before resetting to 100%. There has been an update though that allows it to keep its SoC in the event of power loss.
Very handy update it is as well.
But something to note ... it is only for the SmartShunt and BMV-712. The BMV-700, 701 and 702 cannot be set to retain the SOC as it is a feature that for some reason is set within the Bluetooth area of the device firmware.

Very handy update it is as well.
But something to note ... it is only for the SmartShunt and BMV-712. The BMV-700, 701 and 702 cannot be set to retain the SOC as it is a feature that for some reason is set within the Bluetooth area of the device firmware.
Mine can but my BMV-700 has the bluetooth dongle attached

Mine can but my BMV-700 has the bluetooth dongle attached
Have you tried that setting? having the Bluetooth dongle doesn't matter (unless they have made another update?). The Monitor has to have native Bluetooth built it.

Have you tried that setting? having the Bluetooth dongle doesn't matter (unless they have made another update?). The Monitor has to have native Bluetooth built it.
After the update I clicked for it to hold settings but I haven't disconnected it to test. Not in the van today so can't go in to see if it held the option but will check next time I am there

After the update I clicked for it to hold settings but I haven't disconnected it to test. Not in the van today so can't go in to see if it held the option but will check next time I am there
If you actually had the option to "Retain SOC" then it must be there and working I would have thought?
Interesting. I had a look to see if there were futher updates for this from the original, but nothing obvious.

This is the original release note:

v5.81 (Released officially)​

2023-01-18
Changes
SmartShunt & BMV-712:
  • Add Bluetooth firmware v2.43:
    • Adds new “Keep SOC on reset” feature. (!) Selectable in battery settings.
    • Fix (rather rare) bug that could cause faulty temperatures to be transmitted in a VE.Smart network. This bug only affected BMVs and SmartShunts without the (optional) temperature sensor. These “zombie” temperature broadcasts caused SmartSolars to stop charging for the rest of the day, to restart only the next day. Note that this bug was very rare to occur.

As you see, only the SmartShunt and the BMV-712 is mentioned and the new feature is in the Bluetooth firmware. I wonder what happens if you have a BMV-700 and you then remove the BT Dongle. Does that option disappear?
After I saw this feature released, I tried to set it on my BMV-712 but it was not available until I connected via Bluetooth. Only then did the Bluetooth firmware update and after that I can set it without connected with Bluetooth.
I still cannot see that "Keep SOC" option on either of my BMV-700s, and when I loaded the Demo versions, the 712 has it, but the 700 still doesn't, so it does make me wonder ....

I need to have another look when I am at the van Dave, will probably go over again tomorrow to finish a couple of things. I remember seeing a post on the forum about the firmware update and it went on same day. I only have the BVM that holds SoC so unless I dreamt it then it was showing. HOWEVER i have been sure of stuff before and been wrong so let me double check, if its there I will get screen shots, if it isn't I will let you know anyway

I need to have another look when I am at the van Dave, will probably go over again tomorrow to finish a couple of things. I remember seeing a post on the forum about the firmware update and it went on same day. I only have the BVM that holds SoC so unless I dreamt it then it was showing. HOWEVER i have been sure of stuff before and been wrong so let me double check, if its there I will get screen shots, if it isn't I will let you know anyway
It is a handy option if it is there! I know I couldn't get the option on my BMV-712 until I actually logged on via BT, and now I always have it - so maybe I need to plug in a BT dongle in the BMV-700 to initially activate the feature?

So voltage still 12.4 after 1 hours drive so not 100% SOC . reduced it again t0 70%
Found the inverter left on since Monday! ,! Not good as it usd 1kw per day / 24 hours, in standby is that 96% efficency?

So voltage still 12.4 after 1 hours drive so not 100% SOC . reduced it again t0 70%
Found the inverter left on since Monday! ,! Not good as it usd 1kw per day / 24 hours, in standby is that 96% efficency?
Your 12/3000/120 Multiplus will be drawing 20W when on and no load. So 20Wh/Hr x 24 = 500Wh/Day so it is a fair amount, but not 1kWh/Day. PS Efficiency on yours in use is a maximum of 93%.
If you turn on the Energy Saving so it goes to sleep when not needed (enable AES) you could actually halve that power draw and save 250Wh/Day.

(This assumes AES will work correctly. It doesn't on my Easyplus 12/1600. Not sure if it is a faulty product or a general flaw).

It seems I omitted to fit a master switch in Murky's habitation electrics.
To do a hard shutdown on the radio I had to turn off the BMS's and MPPT.
The victron BMS didn't want to play until the batteries were fully charged.
Makes sense really.

Mark

Away Wednesday next week heading for the Kent meet. Hope we get sun.

The fridge has a bit but not that much, 3amps an hour. The invertor came from alpha batters for Christmas last meet up north.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back