Very dim dials

reynolds29

Hi. everyone. I have a Fiat ducato 1998 (S) lwb hi top.

My dash/Dials are really dim, at night I can not see the dials.
Does anyone know what sort of bulbs go behind the dials? how many I need to replace them. Can I update them to led lights? what job is involved getting to them. thanks

Alan

Does anyone know what sort of bulbs go behind the dials? how many I need to replace them. Can I update them to led lights? what job is involved getting to them. thanks

Alan
The lamps may be out of position behind the clocks can be caused by vibration or if some one has been disturbing the loom behind there

;)the bulbs are built itto dash,they are capless bulbs,dead easy to replace,2 screws 2 remove dash pull out ,removee speedo cable when dash is half out by puting your arm at back of dash and sqeezing cable,,easy

Alan

Are you sure you haven't got a dimmer switch that has been turned down, most vehicles have. Don't know where on Ducato but if you have dash mount interior light swith may be biult into that.

Mine had a green diffuser which made the lights dim after removing this the dash is a lot clearer.

no lights on dials

Can anyone tell me what these bulbs are/wattage ect. so I know what to buy before taking them out.?

you can get some mini 12 volt led strip lights from the likes of motor accesory shops that just plug in the fag lighter socket and stick one at the top of the dash console
my boy did that on his old van and it works a treat unless you are a chain smoker then permanant wireing with scotch locks will be easy

in a similar veign
i have always had a problem seeing the speed in kph on my dash it is tiny and dark red
so using a circular cd label program i made an insert to atach to the speedo dial with larger numbers on it
the reason i used the cd program it allows me to write in a circle may be the answer to those with imported vehicles which need an MOT a lot cheaper than a new speedo head !

in a similar veign
i have always had a problem seeing the speed in kph on my dash it is tiny and dark red
so using a circular cd label program i made an insert to atach to the speedo dial with larger numbers on it
the reason i used the cd program it allows me to write in a circle may be the answer to those with imported vehicles which need an MOT a lot cheaper than a new speedo head !
I made my 'overlay' by printing a copy of the original speedo with the mph markings in the appropriate place worked a treat and all it cost was a piece of paper some ink and a bit of time. But a cd label soonds great and is probably around the correct size for the job, great idea:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back