very bad news

• Thread starter Deleted member 2636
  • Start date
a correction to the financial market is long overdue it's a shame the ordinary folk have to suffer

a correction to the financial market is long overdue it's a shame the ordinary folk have to suffer
Am I pleased not to be a capitalist today. :eek: The biggest Belgian bank Fortis is sold to the French Paribas. Fortis Netherlands is nationalised by the dutch government. 'Be sure, your savings are safe; banks only got a little bit busted' :confused::mad:
My wife is mending the holes in our old socks now:eek:, then we can put the little money we have in it and hide it under the matress - if the dogs don't find it first-:cool:
'Money doesn't make happy; I like to be unhappy':eek::cool::rolleyes::confused:

Capitalism is a creature of greed, always has been, always will be.
It has one principal and one principal only........To ammas profit and to do so in perpetuity.
it relies upon an ever expanding market and will persue any avenue to increase its markets.
Global capitalism was a slick facade to hide the dirty slimeballs practices, giving them an appearance of jovial competition with the hilarious promise of the filtering down of wealth.
A Capitalist does not filter down his wealth, unless you are an auctioneer of fine art which still breaks bid records, or the builder of luxury yachts or lear jets. The only thing that expanded under the boom years of Capitalism was the size of the Capitalists bank accounts.
The Banks that are the fortifications of the system and facing a shrinking of world markets hit upon a very brilliant short term scheme to increase those markets against the failing system........ It would lend money to people that could not repay the debt, that debt was then put into a mixing bowl of other debts some good some bad and most downright criminal, stirred for a few weeks then sold those debts on to get the money back.
What a clever little blag, a bit like pyramid selling, those banks that bought bad debt sold it on, and on, and on picking up the bonusses at every dodgy deal.
These acts are as criminal as any con man activity and the perpetrators should be arrested and put on trial but no, the tax payers of the world, The working classes, as those slugs invariably avoid taxation by living in tax free havens getting sponsored tax relief etc. So when the Gravy dries up they dip into our pockets to see them carry on the lifestyle they are used to at the same time as hiking up the interests on existing loans and refusing to help those that have suffered at their hands.
If this is the best system we can live under then I welcome its demize. The way forward.
To nationalize all the Banking system, run it on a system of need not greed, provide stable low rate loans to Industry to stimulate a market that produces goods for need and for benifit. Sieze the dishonest profits of the banking moguls arrest them and bring them to trial for the missuse of the ecomomy for personnel greed and if those laws don't exist then pass them under an enabling act.

LETS SEE THEM SWEAT FOR A CHANGE......... by the way isn't it time they started throwing themselves out of high buildings?

Last edited:
These acts are as criminal as any con man activity and the perpetrators should be arrested and put on trial but

well said

why not one bank for each country surely that is enough especialy as
it now appears most of them will be nationalised

The only way that I can see that anything may happen is if all Countries act together - but that's not going to happen

tresrikay's reply seems like an almost direct quote from Das Kapital.
Mind you, old K.M. always said that Capitalism would destroy itself...

Single centralised banking has been tried many times in the past. A lot of the present troubles could very well be laid at the doors of the European Central Bank.

btw -don't hold your breathe, because no-one will be prosecuted.

The only people who will suffer are all those who have, in good faith, tried to provide for the their old age. They may well be F****d when the dust settles.

if we stoped fighting pointless wars,
(the head brit comander said this week afganistan is a war we will not win! ) the yanks and ruskys have already proved that !
then canceled the olimpics what a waste of money that is .
then stoped all third world financal suport ,it is only used for arms not food
and most importantly dissacioate ourselves with the yanks .the cause of the whole worlds problems
there might not be the need to be worried about our own countrys financial future

I try not to let the ba***** grind me down
Rick needs to move in office:D:D Tresikay party:D

ahh what the hell i was skint before all this so called financial upheaval in the world and still will be when it is over :D like a lot of us:D leave the so called people that run the financial world to there fate they may lose a lot of money as they are saying ( iam shure they will make a lot more by the time this is all over ) sell your shares high buy back when low make a killing in the end put, all there money in a icelandic bank then when things go wrong expect tax payers to give them it back :mad:ha wouldent mind so much if they had payed british tax . if the worst comes to the worst we have our m/homes wild camp for good we can always eat road kill :eek: poach a trout or two :D its happend before and no doubt will again in the future we will survive .

We now seem to be in a situation where, we the tax payer is now being called upon to find £800 million to bail out councils that had invested in the dodgy banks of Iceland in search of a quick return on their (our) money.
now forgive me but did I not spend 2 days on strike trying to improve the Councils derogatory wage award that was refused on the grounds that the councils were all virtually broke and that they could find no more money to improve the wages of their workforces.
Have not these same councils declared cuts in services to the needy , elderly and infirm.
All this time they have been investing OUR money in of all places Iceland.
I now fear that our great offices of government will have money locked away in the "Great and mighty bankings hall of Kazachstan":confused: or the " moneist bankasi of Turkmenistan shepperd and goatherd hut house society":D interest held at 247%:D and probably a few billions in "Zimbabwe regional trust and bribery holdings":rolleyes:;)
You can always trust a Banker, the new pronunciation of B is W:eek:

It,s just came to light that Northumberland county council has £23.000.000 invested in an Icelandic bank, what interest would they receive on this amount???.

This is the same mob that want to close our schools (two tier systems) and could not afford to help out their local miners who lost their jobs because the mine was flooded and it would have cost too much to pump it out.

SCANDALOUS:mad:

this is totaly disgusting, how all our local councils plead poverty year after year they complain how little money they have when obviously they have literally millions secretly stashed away how many more bank account do they have mayby this islandic account is only the tip of the iceberg. also the police looks as if they as corupt as the rest they say they have no money ha, who else mabey the national health another hard up institution.coruption theft and who nows what else . we the british public are fleeced from birth to our death looks like our council taxes are about to go through the roof now to bail out the lying theiving councils not to mention our income tax, we will be paying for this in the end as per usual makes me wonder proberbly we wont be much worse off if the whole financial world imploded think its about time for the old poll tax riots again and some good ole civil unrest

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think it is secretly stashed away just wrongly invested
but on a similar note.

a cat charity has more money invested in an icelandic bank
than a charity trying to care for some verry sick young people

shurly this is proof that the whole world has gone mad and prioritys need amending

a charity for cats! what ever next

well none of us were informed about the investments ,when we get our council tax bills it gives a breakdown of what it is supposed to be spent on and they make out they have just enough to break even. in fact they say we have no money left to pay for the elderly, needy children ie hospices nowhere does it say we have just invested millions in some offshore bank. if this icelandic bank had not gone bust then we would all still think our poor councils were still on there uppers,that to me is deceit and secretly hiding money . look at austin mitchel mp he stated last night that our government was risking an international incident through trying to get back our! (yours and mine) money not the actions of someone who is supposed to be a uk mp what other nasty little secrets do our local councils have hidden away, they are voted in by us and should be accountable to us .

we are all mushrooms:eek: kept in the dark and fed on ****, at least one good thing to come of this so called resection is we are realizing how much we DONT know!!!!!!!!!! how our so called governmental departments are screwing us . and wobble gob brown . but in the end we will all have to stump up our hard earned cash:eek: thats if we have a job to go to and a home to live in :eek:all we have to think about is at least we are looking after the -ankers(b or w) that run our lives and tell us we have to tighten our belts while they loosen theirs on all the bonuses they are gona earn this year for losing our money .

Saw in a TORY paper ( I was in the pub at the time ) and it was their paper, That William Hague, ex Tory leader was living it up on a £500.000 jolly in Switzerlands poshest hotel as a guest of Barclays, who we as taxpayers have just given a gilt edged parachute.:eek::confused::mad:
If anyone thinks these parasites are going to change the way they fleece us for their own quilted luxury, just because the Tax payer now has a share, then think again.
and it is these scumnballs that bankroll the Tory party and if anyone thinks we would fair better with Camerons Cads or Osbournes oddballs, then just take a close look at their friends and sponsors and WEEP.

cheers, Rick:
What if the Hokey Cokey, IS, what its, REALLY, all about???

then none of us would have any concerns
what a boring world it would then be
have a high day

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back