Vehicle insurance

messenger 2.5td

Today the goverment announced it is to become a offence to own a vehicle that is uninsured even when it is being kept off the road unused.That will get the country back on it's feet:(Kind of makes a mockery of the s.o.r.n. policy.I realise there are a lot of uninsured drivers out there,this will only encourage the unscrupulous ones to not register their vehicles making the previous owner liable for any fines,Andy.

And a £100 fine for any uninsured vehicles!
So if you have a van/car off the road for a year or so in a garage/private land, you have the extra cost of insuring it.

On the other hand the Welsh assembly anounced on tonights news that they are spending 1.2million on games sessions for kids to fight obesity:mad:

This country has gone to the dogs

I thought when I heard this, it was you cannot keep it on the road if it's not insured as opposed to driving it on the road. I assumed all vehicles had to be insured if they were on the road!

From the way I understand it every vehicle in the UK will have to be insured, whether in your garage in bits or not.

Just what are the vehicles insured against?

I know Brown and his cronies are stupid, but perhaps it should be pointed out that it is the driver NOT the vehicle that needs insurance to comply with the road traffic act.

I know I've said it before, but until the decent people of this country get together and stand up to the dishonest, self seeking, greedy scum that run this country for their own benefit nothing will change.

This country NEEDS a revolution NOW before it's dragged further into the s--t by the bankers, lawers, so call entrepreneurs and polititions who are boosting their own bank accounts at the expense of the country, so they can retire to luxury while the rest of us starve.

Rant over

Hiya NWPT,thats the long and the short of it unless someone knows otherwise,seems like the insurance companies will be the only growth industry.Great to see where prioritys in our green and pleasant land,Andy.

sorn

Radio 4 this morning sure the minister said if sorn on vehicle
it did not need insurance.
Their database will not cope with it

weez
Tony

Radio 4 this morning sure the minister said if sorn on vehicle
it did not need insurance.
Their database will not cope with it

weez
Tony

Hi Tony,so whats to stop people declaring thier vehicles on sorn then not insuring them wether or not they are driven on the road:confused:

sorn

Andy
I think Humphreys asked that one

vague answer as usual

not thought out as usual
weez
tony

Hmmm...back to square one then,there must be a room full of civil servants somewhere dreaming up the next madcap idea

to believe this i would like to see the gov official press release
any one got a copy ?
to show us all here

how will a motor museum stand ie heritage and that other one that i cannot spell that begins with b:D also other smaller ones. i agree with taking uninsured cars off the road but it will not stop the hard core offenders from getting another banger and still driving that one i am not saying it wont happen but i cannot see it being law .

cant see how it will work what about all race cars formula 1 included its madness.as far as im concerned what you keep on your own property is none of there business. at what point does a car become a toy? what about kids motorbikes?

ive got 3 old motorbikes in various states of repair (or disrepair):) plus a old three wheeler:eek: it would cost me an arm and a leg for insurance for them as well as the car and M/H...:eek:

I appear to be in a minority here, I agree with this law. I am fed up of paying £50 uninsured loss protection every year so that these scum and lowlife boy racers can go about causing Mayhem while I PAY for them to do it, just incase I become one of their victims.
I am sure that if a vehicle is in a museum or S.O.R.N ed or insomeones garden being fixed then then there will be some sort of exemption.... however if I can save £50 a year then GREAT.

Just what are the vehicles insured against?

I know Brown and his cronies are stupid, but perhaps it should be pointed out that it is the driver NOT the vehicle that needs insurance to comply with the road traffic act.

I know I've said it before, but until the decent people of this country get together and stand up to the dishonest, self seeking, greedy scum that run this country for their own benefit nothing will change.

This country NEEDS a revolution NOW before it's dragged further into the s--t by the bankers, lawers, so call entrepreneurs and polititions who are boosting their own bank accounts at the expense of the country, so they can retire to luxury while the rest of us starve.

Rant over

Agree with what your saying Geoff, sad reality is that a revolution will never happen in this country. Only a handfull stand up the rest just cry into their beer and do nothing about the situation apart from whinge. Have got a friend looking at a possible 7 years in prison for climbing the Tyne bridge and peacefully protesting about the secrecy of the family courts and all the kids that are being destroyed in this country. Cant protest anymore or the law comes down on you big style.
Last week I sent my 11 year old to the shop for 6 eggs, he got sent back home to get a note from his parents to allow him to buy the eggs. A kid needs a bl**dy licence to buy an egg in this country, even I was surprised and disgusted at that one.

I appear to be in a minority here, I agree with this law. I am fed up of paying £50 uninsured loss protection every year so that these scum and lowlife boy racers can go about causing Mayhem while I PAY for them to do it, just incase I become one of their victims.
I am sure that if a vehicle is in a museum or S.O.R.N ed or insomeones garden being fixed then then there will be some sort of exemption.... however if I can save £50 a year then GREAT.
if this new law comes into effect do you realy think you will get cheaper insurance, come on this is the uk we are on about not never never land. also you will never stop some oyk driving without all the proper documentation. the only way you may stop it is by having a electronic card that you need to start the car if you are fully legal you will have the card activated, if not no starty car,this of course is a bit out of the question as yet and if it was workable some wizz kid up on electronics will soon bypass it so looks as if the 50 quid uninsured loss scam that insurance companies have will still be payable . ps the only way we can get access to the uninsured driver payouts is if you pay said insurance companies your legal cover which some say is free another con but you are still having to pay for it in your insurance premium .

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back