VB Semi Air Suspension

CavityandLacey

We have a Vantage Neo, a 6.3m Fiat Ducato panel van conversion. A few weeks ago we had fitted VB semi air suspension. This is our first trip and although we were advised to keep it at around 2 if we are fully loaded, we don’t notice much difference. There isn’t a user guide online and I can’t find any useful advice around the settings. The dial goes up to 10. Does anyone have the same set up and can offer advice.

I have the same system which i fitted myself, I run at 2 bar but have noticed a difference with less roll on corners and not wandering on the road as much. I do tend to drive it as if it were stolen so to speak. Fiat ducato x 290 chassis I think.

We have a Vantage Neo, a 6.3m Fiat Ducato panel van conversion. A few weeks ago we had fitted VB semi air suspension. This is our first trip and although we were advised to keep it at around 2 if we are fully loaded, we don’t notice much difference. There isn’t a user guide online and I can’t find any useful advice around the settings. The dial goes up to 10. Does anyone have the same set up and can offer advice.
Where you will find a difference is on bends as you get less roll and when large vehicles pass you the buffeting effect is reduced.

IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg
Where you will find a difference is on bends as you get less roll and when large vehicles pass you the buffeting effect is reduced.
I had this added to my spec on a new Rapido, and I just love it,
Ours is the same VB system and I set mine to two bar.
Whats most important is never go below 0.5 bar or you can damage the system.
You can run it up to 3.5 bar, but I find 2 bar is perfect.
Always check before driving, I find it loses roughly 1/4 bar a week, which I have been told is normal.
Here are the instructions for the system.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your information and the booklet. Is it ok to use the system when parked up to level up one side of the van ?

Thank you for all your information and the booklet. Is it ok to use the system when parked up to level up one side of the van ?
I have not found it makes that much difference.
I still use levellers.
I have only once did this in conjunction with the levellers.
But if you do this remember to set the system to 2 bar before driving,
I have this on my checklist.

I have on my T660 Nexxo, you need to pump one side up and let the other side down but being careful not to deflate too much, you can achieve some levelling but not a great lot.

Your pressure is dependent on the load in the vehicle. Once inflated the suspension should have a reasonable movement after inflation. In other words the suspension should actively dip when you climb in the vehicle.

Hope this helps.

I had this added to my spec on a new Rapido, and I just love it,
Ours is the same VB system and I set mine to two bar.
Whats most important is never go below 0.5 bar or you can damage the system.
You can run it up to 3.5 bar, but I find 2 bar is perfect.
Always check before driving, I find it loses roughly 1/4 bar a week, which I have been told is normal.
Here are the instructions for the system.
Very strange that they say its “NORMAL” to lose pressure. Do your tyres lose pressure? I’ve been keeping a close eye on my newly fitted airbag system which i fitted myself and the pressure hasn't dropped any in over 1 month. I wonder if they say that to cover themselves on any slight leaks.

I have recently fitted air bag assisted suspension to my Boxer and I’m very happy with it. Surely the ride is dependent on load. The only way to get the best ride is by playing with the pressure until you feel it’s the best it can be. Over time you’ll get to know about fine adjustments whilst using it. Self learning technique lol.

Back