'Umweltzones' in Germany

Belgian

Environmental badge obligatory for green zones in Germany also for foreigners!
Purchase your badge prior to your visit to Germany!

Already from March 1, 2007 onwards, vehicle restrictions in environmental green zones can be issued in cities and local districts in Germany. Therefore the respective zones were specially marked as being green zones by the city or municipality. The first environmental green zones are coming into force as of January 1, 2008 in the cities Berlin, Cologne, and Hanover. As from this date on german as well as foreign vehiceles are no longer permitted to enter these zones without the environmental badge.

... and these are just those cities where I would NOT try to get in with a MH.
So for my part they can stick it in their ........ :D

Environmental badge obligatory for green zones in Germany also for foreigners!
Purchase your badge prior to your visit to Germany!

Already from March 1, 2007 onwards, vehicle restrictions in environmental green zones can be issued in cities and local districts in Germany. Therefore the respective zones were specially marked as being green zones by the city or municipality. The first environmental green zones are coming into force as of January 1, 2008 in the cities Berlin, Cologne, and Hanover. As from this date on german as well as foreign vehiceles are no longer permitted to enter these zones without the environmental badge.

... and these are just those cities where I would NOT try to get in with a MH.
So for my part they can stick it in their ........ :D
hi belgian
GREEN ZONES we are not from mars we are only england do they include us, .
this green crap what a load of political noncence.
we have a person called red ken (ken livingstone) here in london i have family in london and insist they visit me now he has introduced such ludicrous restrictions in london
and believe me if we let these so called ????? PERSONS carry on we wont be able to leave our homes without paying them something

cheers terry

:D'Umweltzones' in Germany
I dont know how many of you go to Germany but its only 5 euros for as long as you have that vehicle. And because our van is a 1997 it only gets the red one but if you do go into a umweltzone which could be a town or city its a 40 euro fine! So if like us, you like Germany and lets face it we all get lost at some time or another it pays to get the sticker.Sent of for ours yesterday 5 euros well spent and one of the safest countries there is!

Good Luck. Bob.:D:D:D:D:D

:D'Umweltzones' in Germany
I dont know how many of you go to Germany but its only 5 euros for as long as you have that vehicle. And because our van is a 1997 it only gets the red one but if you do go into a umweltzone which could be a town or city its a 40 euro fine! So if like us, you like Germany and lets face it we all get lost at some time or another it pays to get the sticker.Sent of for ours yesterday 5 euros well spent and one of the safest countries there is!

Good Luck. Bob.:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Bob
We are off to Germany in July and this umweltzone is new to me.
How did you apply for a sticker,I think I may need one as my van is 1998.
Thanks
Ron & Heather

I wouldn't bother trying to get your Umwelt Ozone stickers prior to leaving for Germany. Spoke with my daughter last night and she says you can buy them at most Gas stations, MOT Testing stations, Car repair businesses, Pitstops, (Tires & Exhaust) etc. Costs 5 € (one of payment) At the moment it is not all major cities. The correct name for the sticker is "Feinstaubplakette" pronounced as "fine-staub-pla-car-tay" To ask for it in German when you get there- "Ich möchte gern ein Feinstaubplakette kaufen" Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi Ron & Heather . This is how we did it.

Purchasing by post.....

Download and print off the following form....

http://www.stadt-koeln.de/imperia/md/content/pdfdateien/pdf57/umweltzone/21.pdf

.....fill out the relevant details, attach a photocopy of your V5C registration document (Do not send your original) and a €5 note and post it off. It would be prudent to allow at least 14 days possibly more for a reply. There have been some reports of delays but similarly many have received theirs promptly, the decision is yours.
Good Luck . Bob.:D:D

Last edited:
At this moment it applies to:Hannover, Berlijn, Köln, Ilsfeld, Leonberg, Ludwigsburg, Mannheim, Schwäbisch-Gmünd, Stuttgart, Tübingen.

Will follow in the future: Bochum, München, Augsburg, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Essen, Mühlacker, Pforzheim, Regensburg, Reutlingen, Nürnberg, Herrenberg, Freiburg in Breisgau, Braunschweig, Darmstadt, Dresden, Heidelberg, Karlsruhe, Leipzig, Magdeburg, Neu-Ulm, Pleidelsheim, Ulm, Jena, Halle, Potsdam, Cottbus, Frankfurt a/d Oder, Brandenburg a/d Havel en Bernau.

There is such a massive protest against it in Germany that probably it will have a silent death (let's hope; this is only a ripp-off :mad:)
Furthermore: all diesels before 2001 have to get a red sticker. With a red sticker 80% of the zones are prohibited also. So it is a very small gain !
When you look at the map of Cologne. All 'Stellplätze' and parkings are outside
the area (even the area off the Rhine-bank). It is really the center of down town with the shopping area.
Like I said before, they can stick it in their a****:D

'Umweltzones' in Germany :D

Lets hope it does die a death:

Its the same in this country only it cost you more! Its quite easy to be in the congestion zone when your on the border line of it. And we are only talking about 5 euros as a one of payment.

This is only a ripp-off: They know how to rip you off!;) Its a shame they did not show this country how to do it. I think we might be better off.:D

All I was saying is if you go to germany as we do 2 months of the year.
It is only 5 euros. And that is better than a 40 euro fine. I dont have any intention going into the zone.But sometimes you might or you might think it 5km through or 35km around we will go through.They dont even charge postage.I think they will make the money in fines!They might even let you off, if you make the effort .

I had a lorry for many years and it was the same in London. it worked out cheaper to pay the charge than come out and go around in time and fuel.:mad:Or the Humber Bridge is the same ect.

And lets face it, who do they target when your in different countries us. This is the only country that cant be botherd there is to much paper work. In other countries its on the spot fines no problem.:confused:

Perhaps you dont like Germany. But we think its a great place to visit and we find them very friendly and helpful, and anyone that has not been try it. Go to the Black Forest or the Mosel or one of the cities and I hope you enjoy it as much as us. And if you think its a waste of time dont do it. and keep your 5 euros to waste on something else.

Bob.:D:D

'Umweltzones' in Germany :D

Lets hope it does die a death:

Its the same in this country only it cost you more! Its quite easy to be in the congestion zone when your on the border line of it. And we are only talking about 5 euros as a one of payment.

This is only a ripp-off: They know how to rip you off!;) Its a shame they did not show this country how to do it. I think we might be better off.
All I was saying is if you go to germany as we do 2 months of the year.
It is only 5 euros. And that is better than a 40 euro fine. I dont have any intention going into the zone.But sometimes you might or you might think it 5km through or 35km around we will go through.They dont even charge postage.I think they will make the money in fines!They might even let you off, if you make the effort .

I had a lorry for many years and it was the same in London. it worked out cheaper to pay the charge than come out and go around in time and fuel.:mad:Or the Humber Bridge is the same ect.

And lets face it, who do they target when your in different countries us. This is the only country that cant be botherd there is to much paper work. In other countries its on the spot fines no problem.:confused:

Perhaps you dont like Germany. But we think its a great place to visit and we find them very friendly and helpful, and anyone that has not been try it. Go to the Black Forest or the Mosel or one of the cities and I hope you enjoy it as much as us. And if you think its a waste of time dont do it. and keep your 5 euros to waste on something else.

Bob.:D:D

It is not about liking Germany and I really enjoy the Mosel, the Black Forest and lot of other German regions. I only wanted to state that it is not only a ripp-of (we agree about that) but also it is a little premature to buy a sticker for those city-centers where we normally don't venture in with our vehicles.
I'm not so fond of this congested cities, I like more pure nature. :cool:
And furthermore, we all get the red one and this makes the zones only slighly a little smaller no go area.:confused:
This zone-thing is more and more contested in Germany itself. e.g. a plumber cannot do his job in a red zone because his van is 5 years old!
I am more worried about those green-red politicians (in every country) who under pretext environment have their gredious hands in our pockets.:mad:
And off the record: we Belgians always mistrust a little bit our neighbours. We all had them over us the past centuries (the French, the Germans, the Spanish, the Austrians, the Dutch....) but never-ever the Brits - the only ones who send their army to help us. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back