Uk to Teneriffe Advice wanted

jayshell

Hi All

We are looking for some advice.

Looking to travel from the Uk to Teneriffe in October with a moorhome and a Dog.

Has anyone done this trip and can recommend the best route. I know that that camping there is free everywhere.

any help will be well recieved

Thanks

Jay:confused:

Hi, an interesting trip. Last time I made enquiries a container cost about £2000 one way, not sure of any other way to get a motorhome there. If you intend to stay be aware only canarian residents are allowed to own vehicles. fuel is cheap as are most other things but you can drive right around the island in one day. I've driven whilst there over a period of two seperate weeks and covered just about every road. Car hire is cheap (cost me £68 per week), why not rent a van and take camping gear. Just an afterthought but the Canary Islands are not part of the EU so beware of possible insurance problems import/export duties and restricted duty free allowences etc:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
A few years ago we met a couple on the way through Spain who were taking their car and caravan to Teneriffe, I think they were taking a ferry from Cadiz.
The Canaries are part of Spain and therefore in the EU but I think are outside the EU VAT area. Pets can be taken, I believe, under the pet passport scheme.

AndyC

A few years ago we met a couple on the way through Spain who were taking their car and caravan to Teneriffe, I think they were taking a ferry from Cadiz.
The Canaries are part of Spain and therefore in the EU but I think are outside the EU VAT area. Pets can be taken, I believe, under the pet passport scheme.

AndyC
Sorry Andy but whilst the islands are under spanish administration or whatever they are outside of the EU as you are told when you fly and therefore subject to much stricter duty free allowences.:(:(

Sorry Andy but whilst the islands are under spanish administration or whatever they are outside of the EU as you are told when you fly and therefore subject to much stricter duty free allowences.:(:(
The situation seems to be that they are an autonomous region of Spain but are outside the EU customs area. I guess they are within the EU for some things, such as the Pet Passport Scheme, but outside it for others such as customs and taxes.

AndyC

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back