Two Choices....

If you are thinking of drilling the roof, try to drill at a high point or where water doesn't collect. Standing water is much more difficult to keep out with sealant in the long term.

Thats the stuff i read somewhere its supposed to be realy good for the job.:)
i am told by son a boatbuilder that sika flex is the best sealant used by most good boat builders maxview also recomend it for sat dish instalations

i am told by son a boatbuilder that sika flex is the best sealant used by most good boat builders maxview also recomend it for sat dish instalations

Yep terry&sue i read somewhere that someone actualy fixed a sola pannel to a van roof with it and no screws just stuck the brackets on the roof.:)

Yep terry&sue i read somewhere that someone actualy fixed a sola pannel to a van roof with it and no screws just stuck the brackets on the roof.:)

It must be good stuff, sticks like Sh** to a blanket eh:eek::D

It is exceptional stuff, do bear in mind that you may want to remove certain items from the van (and you may not wish to remove roof with it......, yes it is that hard to remove if the need arises...)

George

It is exceptional stuff, do bear in mind that you may want to remove certain items from the van (and you may not wish to remove roof with it......, yes it is that hard to remove if the need arises...)

George

Yessireee, that is why I had mine fitted to brackets, cos if I get another van the panels coming with me.

Well the genny came today !! Thank you Sammy for the plug, pete was great. Ordered yesterday morning 9.03, £300 delivered for the yellow ig2000 Kipor. Excellent price, Interlink delivered this morning at 9.55. Well happy :) Havent tried it yet, need to read to find out what oil etc. Cant belive how big it is though, i'll have to leave the misses at home :D

Well the genny came today !! Thank you Sammy for the plug, pete was great. Ordered yesterday morning 9.03, £300 delivered for the yellow ig2000 Kipor. Excellent price, Interlink delivered this morning at 9.55. Well happy :) Havent tried it yet, need to read to find out what oil etc. Cant belive how big it is though, i'll have to leave the misses at home :D
If its that big where you going to keep it at night if outside i hope you have invested in avery good lock and chain Mark.;)

YEEEKS!!!!!!!! L.P.G.......... PETROL............... TRUMA.... FLAME....... FRIDGE... FLAME...... PLEASE BE CAREFULL.

I might try one weekend, not this one...as going for 4 nights. 2 wildcamp, 2 site:

to take the gas bottles out :eek:, and put genny in the gas locker. I can boil the kettle, use the electric 700 watt, so not to rely on gas.

This weekend i'll fill the genny up, and use sparingly to make sure all is well.
I will have to leave by motorhome door, during the night and on roof rack during the day, while stopped of course.:rolleyes:

Just one of many reasons why i would not have chosen a genny is if when wilding you have any bother through the night you aren't exactly ready to drive off, you would have to go outside to sort out your genny and therefor put yourself and the other occupants at risk:eek:

Will be going to Scotland for 2 weeks in august, wildcamping on the way up from Wales to Scotland, then looking for sites etc for 7 - 10 days, then wildcamping, back to Wales.

Have up to £500 to spend on motorhome, and at the moment have one 85ah battery, with 600 watt inverter....

Should I....
upgrade to 2, 110ah batterys and a small solar panel 25-40 watt
or
buy a genny, yellow kipor 2kw and keep the 85 amp battery ???????????

Upgrade to 2 x 110 amp batteries and get a genny. 25 to 40 watt panel is a waste of money in your case. Your 600w Inverter is okay as long as you don't use high voltage items.

genny or batt

hi all
i use 3x110 batts no solopanal no genny
and i can run tv and freeveiw box laptop charge cam batt
for 4 1/2 days constant with on problems.........
and this is fact as i fired everything up in my motor home and checked it every day and after 4 1/2 days i turned them off.
and the batts still had plenty of power still in them
the inv/ is a 1200.......2500 peak
so i say scrap the jenny and have a quiet life when wilding.............
HHHAAAA......HAAAAAAA. GREENER GREENER HAAAAAA....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back